Windows Phone 8.1 taking on low and high specs with new display resolution support
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2014, 20:32 posted on
Microsoft has been slowly expanding the reach of Windows Phone with support for new display sizes and resolutions recently, and it looks like that trend is set to continue with the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 update. Information has been pulled from the new WP8.1 SDK that shows the platform will be adding new resolution support in both the high and low spec categories...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
48. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1150; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah but symbian nHD looked not bad
49. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Exactly why it makes more sense than QVGA
38. hurrycanger (Posts: 1499; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Oh yeah baby. Nokia/Microsoft is getting serious now, going head to head with Android phone manufacturers in term of specs.
42. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Does Windows Phone 8 have support for Qualcomm's Cortex-A5 processors? Would go great with the nHD resolution
60. hurrycanger (Posts: 1499; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Well, in fact... I don't know.
53. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1334; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hmm folks I think Microsoft from the beginning should have had it's Windows smart phone team do the Windows RT tablet instead of the Windows 8 team because they knew how to write programs for the ARMS CPU Chips that are used on Windows7/8 smart phones , Android and Apple iphones. It seems form now that will happen and a developer now will only have to make a few changes in a Windows 8.1 smart phones app to make it run on a Surface 2 tablet which uses ARMS CPU's. it also means Windows 8.1 OS RT tablets in the near future will run an app that is designed to run on Windows 8.1 smart phones.