Windows Phone 8.1 SDK reveals new features
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2014, 16:11 posted on
Windows Phone developers working with the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK are releasing some more information about new features they've spotted on Microsoft's mobile OS. One new feature is the burst camera mode that apparently will be available to Windows Phone owners in 8.1. Part of the feature will give users the ability to select when the pictures will be removed from your handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Soon u will even be able to put wallpaper in the background.
21. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
adding transparency effect to tiles and putting background is a good reason maybe
85. elitewolverine (Posts: 3491; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Or just create and app that cuts up your pictures, and set custom tiles to launch those apps with the picture as the tile.
I seriously question people that stare at their start screen and not what the phone is doing.
Most the time you cant even see the background with widgets and tiles ruining the pictures. I laugh when people show me that awesome background picture in their gallery because their home screen and icons ruin it.
14. hurrycanger (Posts: 1505; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Even though I think WP looks best with no wallpaper (because I've had tiles and wallpaper in a third party launcher... and that was pretty bad), I would love to see the ability to do that officially. It would be even better if the OS gives some twists to the wallpaper, like blur and stuff.
31. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Wallpapers are so 2000! but you know what my old Nokia 3250 also has wallpapers and icons! So what makes that so specials?
36. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You're right , it's a shame that a supposedly modern OS doesn't have it, while 10+ years old dumbphones had it back then.
42. papss (unregistered)
Its a shame that you are so pathetic that you feel the need to spew tour negutive comments all over WP articles
48. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Here comes the ad hominem user! I love when fanboys like you have got nothing more than personal attacks as reply. This proves how sore their butt must be. =]
52. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Leave this trolls. Let them hate on WP, when there is full proof evidence of WP's growth in front of their eyes. :)
56. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Gotta give you that.
2.5% to 3.2% in 1year. Not even 1%. LMAO!
47. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
dumbphones? Oh OK.
You forget that, that old phones were hit.
49. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Feature phones are usually called dumbphones, bro.. By no means, am I saying that it's dumb. Indeed, it was one of the best in its era. So chill..
51. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I was saying calmly. Buddy. So chill..lol
2. ZeroCide (Posts: 722; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Love the calendar layout. it even has weather info in it.
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Wp is growing, let's wait and see what they can do in next year. Next year will be exciting for sure.
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why next year? 2013 was a great year for WP, and this year is going to be even better..
7. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Next year we will see more customize features.
13. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Yes but WP is much more smoother than Android.
So i do hope WP becomes much more customizable.
Customization is the main thing i love about Android
22. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i think if you creative enough you can spend lot of time creating titles wallpapers which are way more better then android
78. Cicero (Posts: 704; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
I'm agree with you. WP is looking for it's adult time. Is growing step by step. BUT, if you look at this time at what they are 'improving' and comparing with droid it make WP looks like a dumb os.
6. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I'm considering it as the OS of my next phone.
17. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
yuks, ugly & boring. How can someone live with this horrible OS?
34. ihavenoname (Posts: 1606; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
One word: Nokia. I actually can't think any other reason. I actually used to be Nokia user and fan, and even if I tried, I just can't like or live with WP. I found user experience so restricted, unenjoyable and poor. But everybody has own opinion, and you have to respect them
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wait, these features still aren't on WP?
23. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1675; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Since when is the truth trolling? WP is like the carrion feeder of phone OSes, picking up the scraps of the trailblazers, and usually doing it poorly.
30. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Truth had always been a bitter pill to swallow, when you're biased.
32. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
The truth is it's sad that when you have 8 core's 3gb ram but your OS still lags! That's a disgrace!
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Oh c'mon you can do better than that, right? My Note 3 is as fluid as any high end WP. So does the low end Moto G, while offering more since it's running Android. Try again, we're in 2014. =]
37. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Well my sister's Note 3 seems to disagree with you! also Truth had always been a bitter pill to swallow, when you're biased!
38. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Well, coming from a well-known android hater, I'll take it with a grain of salt. Especially, when every professional reviewer and most users(excluding trolls and fictional ones) seem to agree that it runs perfectly smooth.
40. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
If I'm a well known android hater what does that make you? You guys try to play it's 2014 and its not android 2.2 anymore but the reality is that there is still some sort of lag! not much but there is.
71. hurrycanger (Posts: 1505; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Exynos is the problem, man. The Note 3 with snap800 doesn't lag. \\
If only you knew the difference between the two. ;)
79. Cicero (Posts: 704; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Please read the instructions manual to learn how to use and what is capable to do a droid phone. After that you can comment about differencies between wp and android. You will be surprised about the power of droid. And stop arguing about the lag. It is so childish (when you do not have any argument in your name).
57. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Too bad that OS you're defending doesn't have basic features like default applications, saving passwords or where to save your digital content to, basic features Android has been sporting since the Android 2.3 that was released in 2010, over three years ago lol.
60. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Too bad that all companies are copying the OS that "lacks basic features".
62. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You're trying to counter facts with mere fanboy's speculations. Nice! LMAO!
63. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Speculations? Please go and check out Samsung's new interface for their Android products called Magazine UX, and tell me that it doesn't resemble WP. The fanboy speculator here is you.
68. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Your answer in 61.
And I was referring to comment 57 as facts.
And you reply is indeed speculation, mere accusation based on what you believe without any proof! The Magazine UI was inspired by Flipboard more than anything else, since it was developed in collaboration with the Flipboard team.
Am I really? Can please mind to point where I'm speculating exactly? Your understanding of english seems to be very poor, sir.
72. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You couldn't anything else to bash except my understanding of English? The Magazine UX is almost a replica of the WP UI. It doesn't look anything like Flipboard.
76. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I was't exactly bashing you, it was just constructive critism. As I usually leave ad hominem to fanboys like paps and you.
My god! Seriously? You should have your eyes checked then, I guess. Oh wait, you're a WP user. You don't have Flipboard on WP.
But once again, keep deluding yourself if it makes you feel a little better about the sub-par OS you're supporting.
81. Cicero (Posts: 704; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
So that's why Samy need to copy such a succesfull interface! It is such liked by the humans and they can only stay in a row and waiting to get it. LOL!
43. papss (unregistered)
And you are like a virus in all WP articles like your favorite os
28. hurrycanger (Posts: 1505; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Troll? Come on, man. You could have just answered his question honestly.
How about some cold water? An ice pack?
29. SleepingOz (unregistered)
44. papss (unregistered)
Who? Your mom?
46. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nope, that would be you sir. =]
55. SleepingOz (unregistered)
And why would I be butthurt again? Because WP lacks basic features dumbphones had for years? Because all MS is doing, is trying to play catch up on the very companies it's been bashing last year? Because, despite their "efforts"(wasting money on the scroogled campaign), WP only grew by 1%? Yeah right!
Come with valid arguments next time.
59. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If your forgetting, your beloved Android OS & your beloved company Samsung are all copying WP, the OS that "lacks basic features". So you should be the one coming back with valid arguements next time.
61. SleepingOz (unregistered)
How are they copying WP exactly? You mean AOL? Afaik, Samsung's new magazine UI is the fruit of their collaboration with Flipboard. Now, how about the new notification center MS is working on?
Here you go buddy and please don't cry.
64. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
For the last time, Samsung or Google didn't create the notification center.