Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2 update tipped to bring support for 2K resolution and more
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2014, 08:33 posted on
Earlier this month, we told you to expect two GDR updates this year for Windows Phone 8.1. The first one, which is due out in June, is expected to be all about fixing bugs. While practical, it isn't very exciting. It is the second update, GDR2, that will carry most of the new features and "broader hardware support." The GDR 2 update is expected to be pushed out in October or November...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Good to see windows phone advancing :) Sadly it's still not the right OS for me,but I can see that more and more people would want it.
2. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I guess the 1820 is possible 2K phone, especially if it's coming with SD 805 and 720 and 820 successors probably have that 540x 960.
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3744; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Don't worry 1820 will same as 1520. It will be a giant beast from Nokia.
3. chocowii (Posts: 367; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Did you just say 55MP camera support?
I smell a new Pureview this time...
4. bokimaricu (Posts: 51; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
I don't think any pureview or other smartphone camera will have 55 MP... it's highly unnecessary to have that high resolution. Better way of improving the camera is to focus on other areas, optics, OIS etc.
5. papss (unregistered)
I wouldn't call it unnecessary.. They could do more X zooming with more pixels
9. Dastrix (unregistered)
It's true that more MP doesn't necessarily mean better camera performance, but PureView is an exception.
16. chocowii (Posts: 367; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Back in the days of 7610, 2MP is enough. The biggest MP matters.
But now, biggest MP doesnt mean better images. But Nokia has its way of putting 'oomph' in every friggin-megapixel on their Pureview device.
6. vslayer (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I agree to that I think 1080p I enough (2k resolution is a battery hog)
10. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
The same comments were made about 720p and 1080p.As technology advances,that's what you get
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3744; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
2K will only come in phablet....above 5.5"... And have bigger battery 3400mah^...waiting for 1820 Nokia's next phablet.
7. pureviewuser (Posts: 274; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
Just enhance the 808 sensor and that is it
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Shiiid.....ill take a 2K screen, and 55MP camera
13. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
That would make it future proof until the net update comes out. Which keeps MS on the lastest page.
14. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Now if only Nokia would release a 6" phablet with 1080-2k resolution, 42-55 mp camera, SD 805, and adreno 420... I'd pay cash to have that in unlocked form.
15. DCSeerIvan (Posts: 35; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Its a great news to hear. I smell vengeance :))
18. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1270; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
This is good to read because it shows microsoft is keeping their smart phone's OS capable of using the latest and greatest hardware for smart phones. However Folks please remember the smart phones with the latest and greatest hardware usually cost's BIG BUCKS when they first come out. on the plus side this will make 1080 screens cheap as dirt which good because low tier Nokia Lumia 525's. in the near future they could have a 1080p screen. I think that would be cool for folks who cannot afford to pay 550 to 800 dollars for a high tech smart phone with all the new bells and whistles.