Windows Phone 8.1 ‘Action Center’ notification center leaks
0. phoneArena 09 Feb 2014, 08:40 posted on
Windows Phone 8.1 is likely to indeed get a new notification center similar to the one on Android (and later on, on iOS), and it will be called ‘Action Center’…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Too bad they can't be sued by Android! If not Microsoft should prepare for a lawsuit. This is like a direct copy of android!
2. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
...Which was a copy of Nokia's Meego.
Good to see MS finally...wait..April???
36. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Close. Symbian had something of an infancy of a notification center.
55. jove39 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Android initial release in 2008
Meego initial release in 2010
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 5809; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Google has the patent and can sue if they want to but so far they vow to use their patent in a defensive manner. But Microsoft and their scoogle campaign might just be it.
6. papss (unregistered)
yep google is above all aggressive moves... they would never gut a legendary company and sell the hardware to a foreign company... they are above being a patent troll
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 5809; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
They sold a Motorola brands and keep all the patents. Every one is happy except a wp fanboy. I wonder why?
And no one think Google is above all aggressive move either. We just never seem it yet but never say never either.
13. papss (unregistered)
are you speaking for everyone again? cute
34. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Who says "everyone is happy" about Motorola being sold to China?
Speak for yourself.
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Too bad they can't be sued by Nokia! If not Android should prepare for a lawsuit. This is like a direct copy of symbian.
I mean Menu (also known as apps menu).
27. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
As I've said before, Google have never REALLY invented anything. Perhaps Search is their only REAL innovation. The rest, including Android OS, have been bought because of their huge pile of cash.
33. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You live in your own world...
Be happy in your small world.. LOL
48. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Okay... So tell me one thing Google has INVENTED since their existence. And don't say Search, cuz they only bettered it and didn't invent it.
128. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
In that case "no one" has invented anything...
Everyone has only improved upon an existing tech...
If you search you can find a predecessor to "everything" you claim Nokia/Apple/Google/Intel/MS/Sony/Samsung etc have created...
For your kind info, several people who worked at Nokia, Samsung, Apple, Qualcomm have also worked at Google and vice-versa... These people are real inventors and not the "company".. These people who created/invented new tech, do own some of the tech they created.. They can surely use them in their projects if its not company's property (aka patent).... Stop talking like a child/ fanboy...
44. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
As if ms invented anything...
They have always played the.second fiddle and force.other to go out usingmonopoly....
47. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
What? Are you high or something? MS created the best Desktop OS i.e Windows which has been leading the PC market for decades.
49. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The question here is....did they invented the desktop OS first??? No...
According to your logic google invented the best mobile OS..that is dominating smartphone world...
Btw windows is not the best OS...it's the worst OS with best apps...
50. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
"windows is not the best OS...it's the worst OS with best apps..." the same can be applied to Android. And Google didn't create Android, they bought the company which created the OS and hence, it became a Google product. Get your facts right before you venture out here to troll.
53. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yea i accept i did a mistake there...
It was just a example though...my point is MS was not first to create desktop OS...and they are first in nothing..Atleast google was first in making SE...
And now google glass....with upcoming project ara....
129. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Have you heard of Mac OS which existed before Windows??? If I take your analogy, then MS copied Apple...
98. joey_sfb (Posts: 5809; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
That's why M$ is alone now, with a big groups of enemies.
They are a convicted Monopolist. Proved that they could not be trusted.
68. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You sure know nothing about the BS you're spewing, buddy. Sure they bought Android but they had to rewrite it from scratch after the launch of the iphone to compete with apple.
And sorry but Google has been somehow more innovative than MS during the past years. Instead of wasting money on bashing competitiors, they do actually work their ass off to bring innovation.
You and your delusional buddies should come out of your caves and see what's happening in the real world sometimes.
Ever heard of Google X?
Here you go!
31. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
Sorry Action Center has been on Windows 7 ;)
35. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I remember once balmer said android balantly copied ios..but we made unique OS...if this is not a copy then what??? Add Quick toggles to the equation...
I wouldn't say this if ms and thier fanboys din talk about all that android copy stuff...
Because i know that is how technology evolves...
But they were like android is copy cat bla bla..so this stuff
72. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
quick toggles were added to android by oems. especially korean ones
60. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2129; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
What for? Such features existed similarly on Windows taskbar. And that was before the first Android phone got to see the light of day.
103. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Google better hurry up and sue... Cause I wouldn't be surprised if Apple sued them first... Apple the KING of suers.