Windows Phone 8 to get 12 games by Gameloft, N.O.V.A. 3, Order & Chaos Online are on the list
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2012, 09:34 posted on
So, you have your mind set on getting a Windows Phone 8 smartphone, but you are still wondering what kind of games the platform will have to offer. Well, here is a clue: Gameloft announced that it will launch 12 of its popular games to Microsoft's platform, including titles like Order & Chaos Online, N.O.V.A. 3, and Asphalt 7: Heat...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
At first they were boasting that adult rated games wont be allowed in Windows store, now they do... They never keep their word... Typical windows....
8. pongkie (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
thank god or else kids corner will be more like time-out corner
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1234; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I am really impressed with the Windows phone so far and the addition of these games are making a compelling arguement for a WP handset to be my secondary phone
2. rembo65 (Posts: 57; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
now we're talking! after I see how some of these titles perform on Lumia 920 - I will decide whether I'll buy one or not
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3493; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Android didn't come up with 500,000 apps from the first go...it took them time!!
Windows will follow the same trend... But i can see that it's getting better and better!! :)
10. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Dude, how do you think it will perform? They won't make it if it doesn't work good...
16. rembo65 (Posts: 57; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
ummm...can't say that about some of the games on my N8
3. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
still waiting for temple run!
5. rembo65 (Posts: 57; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
"Temple Run, and many other Unity Engine-based games are coming to Windows Phone 8 (previous WP versions didn't support Unity)."
From yesterday's WP8 launch event
13. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
this is one developer Gameloft annoncement rest are yet to announce :)
4. DerryAhmad (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Great news! WP8 seriously need more great apps and Games. Rovio also commited to the WP8 platform. . Now bring us some of the popular social apps like Instagram, Path and Flipboard!
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So, twelve games for next year?
They will release 35 this year only on android and IOS .
Still, this is good enough of a start for WP
7. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Actually, the release date says 2012/2013, hope doesn't take long.
12. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
So problem is next year blackberry and windows phone will run similarly , so it will be a 2 horse race.to the number 3 position , and by the way , these 12 games will look old when new titles hit android and ios next year
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
maybe new titles will start coming on all three OS since wp7 was lacking engine support but WP8 is genaric for all i think developers will now take three parallel
15. Cyan3boN (Posts: 440; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
what about the original Nova and Nova 2. that'd be like watching the dark night rises before watching the first two sequels
17. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yay??? I don't play a single Gameloft game. Back when they had the 99cent sale, I bought like 10 games. They were huge in size and ate up my iPad's storage. I played each for five minutes, saw how generic and ugly the games were, and removed each one. No where near console quality, of any generation. You may have the horsepower, but you don't have the production values nor the time. More like amateur projects or forced labor products. And what do you expect for 99cents? The good games cost money, and when the prices go up, so do the pirates, so no developer even bothers with any GOOD games on mobile.
Stick to the puzzle and 99cent stuff, the 30second bite-sized games that are touch-friendly.
20. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This makes me doubt you ever played NOVA 3 and Modern Combat 3 ..
Those shooters are full blown games that can actually compare to COD and HALO from 7-5 years ago
19. avidb (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I Cant wait to see the level of quality games that WPhones can bring!!!