Windows Phone 8 to get 1080p display support, more evidence surfaces
1. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Its already beautiful at 720p. Rather microsoft should add support of 32 bit color depth.
11. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I am expecting much more in Nokia World...
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why should you expect more?
All the users and fans are happy, they don't need Android's specs!
So why want it know?
Wp8 does not need 1080p
22. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
O really? First you tell us WP is crap because it don't even support 1080p and quad-core processor and when it's rumored to arrive soon you turn your ass and go flip-side??
What's with you people??
A fiery red thumb down for this very comment!
2. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
IMO gdr3 will be announced in NOKIA WORLD(september)
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The world of Windows Phone just got better!!
5. user996 (Posts: 215; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
but one year ahead in performance productivity an so on
6. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
LOL you are saying WP is more productive ......LMFAO......where is this influx in wp fanboys coming from...
14. papss (unregistered)
come on man... no need to get on the defense. you came in a WP topic with hating and you didn't expect it back?
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I love how if this was apple everybody would be saying.....ohhhhhh they copied....but as its WP everyone seems to think its awesome.....
8. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
yeah, people hate apple more coz of their rotten image, which they created for themselves. company image is just as important as their products. personally i dont look at resolution, just the ppi. anything near 350 ppi is good enough for me.
10. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are biggest potatroll on PA!
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
.....I dontr even need to come back at you to show your studipity.....Potatroll....wtf is that....
34. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you´re the next gen of miz, taco, galitoking and many othefs. In short: hideous troll
32. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So if Nokia came out with a 4K resolution phone, and some android manufacturer later made one, by your logic they would be copying Nokia, right?
Can't really copy resolution. Specific design aspects, particular unique aspect ratios, unique features and technologies, etc, those are copy-able.
12. BesnikRrustemi (Posts: 44; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Quad-Core Processors - ASAP !! if they want to have an explosion of new games on the store
like: NFS Most Wanted
Real Racing 3
and a ton of other top games,and apps.
i know that Dual-Core is enough for the OS,but it isnt enough for the latest apps & Games & Developers attraction.they need the new GPU`s and CPU`s so they have less work to do instead of spending a lot of time trying to optimize them just to run smoothly on older SoC`s.
for my opinion thats what they need & what i need to switch to Windows Phone.
18. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
How many cores does the iPhone have to be able to launch and perform those listed games by you perfectly??
23. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
The iPhone has 3 GPU cores.
33. BesnikRrustemi (Posts: 44; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
iPhone is something else,they always build their custom chip and the secret is to the GPU,they use PowerVR SGX graphics,while adreno 225 is outdated,even the adreno 320 on my nexus 4 doesnt support motion blur and water effects in NFS Most wanted for example.
Apple has to care for only one phone line,IPHONES,while WP is like android,different ram memory capacity,different SoC`s different clock speed etc.thats why,they can stay with dual core but they need to change at least the GPU.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia Wp8 does not need all the above specs you mentioned!
15. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
I wish most developers would create many apps in Windows P.8 coz it's easier to create apps in WP8 than other OS.
28. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i am a developer of android and he is half right to begin android is java based while windows phone 8 is .Net C and c++ the difference is
java cant talk to hardware directly though the OS it requires a native code in C to its not too bad but have limitation for android
while this thing is not any issue on wp8 result you have direct API for wp8 that can access hardware, this means less effort on coding but doesNOT mean EASY Still way more optimization possible
thats one little reason why WP8 is really fast compared to android
+ i forgot to mention the ease of use of Virtual Studios 2013 and .NET developer kits are way more advanced PAID but very powerful . Android apps are developed on Eclipse its FREE but is empty till you start adding the plugIns seperatly and that is really pain in the Axx to do
17. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I don't mind WP8 its still beneath IOS and Android, Android being top, IOS second. But its a good alternative if you don't like the current leaders.
What i don't like is Microsoft slating Google..you don't have a better product and you know it, so you attack google else where. Stop acting like a big kid, accept you product is weaker but look to make it stronger
19. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
It is funny people change there tone about 1080p screens when there OS of choice starts supporting it. Though, hopefully they aren't just going to act like they never said it wasn't a gimmick. Rather I hope people admit that they were wrong.
Either way, this is great for consumers!