Windows Phone 8 redesign to force Microsoft to move the system clock?
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
still Restrictions, and no way near Android.....
20. Altair (Posts: 338; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Go away useless troll
Ohh and change that pic you got up there. You are from a mongolia and look like a 12 years old teen with a beard
3. Antwnhs (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 May 2012)
It would be nice if they put a status bar! I mean just a simple stipe, showing the clock the signal reception, the battery and the connections...
5. tbar (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Jan 2010)
Could do all of that on a live tile. That would actually give more flexibility than a status bar. So, Microsoft, design a live tile that gives access to tha info and the ability to make changes - ex: status of wireless and ability to toggle on/off, same for bluetooth, gps, etc.
16. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
damn good idea... basically a network settings live tile.
4. NateAdam8 (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Always wanted to see the clock on a live tile
6. tigermcm (Posts: 749; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
im seriously confused. the vid with Ben shows the clock without it being blocked so um whats this about??
12. ReformedCtrlZ (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 May 2011)
they're talking about how when you scroll up the clock can't be seen very well, but its a very poor example. Most tiles use the them color and the white clock text can easily be read. They happened to take a picture where a white tile is under the clock making it unreadable.
8. gwhyte01 (Posts: 44; Member since: 09 Jul 2008)
Ms isn't stupid enough to let this slip by. Ppl stop worrying about s**t like this and worry about the taxes on your bill.
9. snowgator (Posts: 3288; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
No, they are not. The point of the article really was to show that WP8, and also 7.8 update, are still "under construction". I think it underscores that this announcement was truly for the developers, and that full function is still coming. A couple months from now, we will see WP8 and Windows 8 and what they truly offer the tech world!!
13. ReformedCtrlZ (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 May 2011)
No one has figured out that the same problem is on WIndows Phone 7/7.5 with the other system icons when you bring the up scrolled down. However this isn't a problem for either platform, because most apps use a colored tile where the white text of the clock and icons can easily be read on top of any tile color.
They happened to have a white tile in the top right corner so the white on white cannot be distinguished. if they moved the white tile one over. Visibility would be fine.
15. DFranch (Posts: 140; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
You're partly right. The clock was always visible because the clock was in the gutter on the right side. The rest of the info (signal strength, etc) could be obscured by live tiles however
22. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
isin't this effect if u swipe a little bit up??