Windows Phone 8 features: People Hub Rooms, Xbox Music, and more (w/ video)
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Oct 2012, 16:44
We knew when Microsoft held its developer preview of Windows Phone 8 that there had to be new features in the update that the company wasn't announcing at the time, and we were definitely right. So, we want to just give a run-through of the new features, including: People Hub Rooms, Xbox Music, and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arsenaljimenez posted on 29 Oct 2012, 16:52 4 0
Can't wait to get my new phone!
but "Joe Belfiores and his oddly proportioned body" lmao
2. wp8forever (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2012, 17:07 3 13
android android what you gonna do ,what you gonna do when windows 8 , surface , and windows phone come for you , RUN run android cuz there coming for u and ios.
4. SleepingOz posted on 29 Oct 2012, 17:54 9 2
That's what Nokia/MS fanboys said about WP7. What happened?
5. easymomo posted on 29 Oct 2012, 18:24 4 1
This is exactly what I wanted to say. There are stil Beta Testers braging about WPs
3. Nathan_ingx posted on 29 Oct 2012, 17:45 2 0
I like 'Kids corner'!!
It's like having a PC with multiple user account, only i'm the admin...nice move!!
6. KingShango posted on 29 Oct 2012, 18:31 0 0
Just read the 8X reveiw and they kind of blast the OS for not having anything new then they post this round up of all the great new features. Seems odd.
9. MichaelHeller posted on 29 Oct 2012, 20:39 5 1
Having good new features doesn't necessarily mean that WP made enough strides to catch up with the competition. That was more John's point with the 8X review.
He'll get into all of these features more with the WP8 review that's on its way.
12. KingShango posted on 30 Oct 2012, 01:52 0 0
I can understand that. Michael, I know you've written some good articles on WP in the past I was wondering how you'd rate WP8 compared to the other OS's. Setting aside the app ecosystem it seems to me that WP8 is on par with iOS but still lags behind Android it terms of functionality.
17. MichaelHeller posted on 30 Oct 2012, 11:38 1 0
I probably won't get my hands on a WP8 device til the US launch, but I'll probably do a writeup then
13. Mxyzptlk posted on 30 Oct 2012, 02:04 0 1
I disagree on every level. WP8 is very robust. Not as robust as iOS but making lots of promise.
14. JamesHunt posted on 30 Oct 2012, 02:37 0 0
What about DirectX support ? Is it true that wp8 supports it ?
7. geearede posted on 29 Oct 2012, 19:20 0 0
like that new camera feature. you open your camera and you get all the features available from different apps
8. DerryAhmad posted on 29 Oct 2012, 20:10 0 0
Room and Camera probably the biggest update of the OS.
Room sounds exactly like BBM Group. It's nice if WP can implement it right. Wonder whether it'll be based on Windows Live, or a special device identification number.
10. luxzy801 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 21:22 0 0
And again no file explorer- MAJOR FAIL MS, MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!