Windows Phone 8 coming soon, says Sprint
0. phoneArena 06 Jan 2013, 17:30 posted on
Sprint has put up a support page for Windows Phone 8 titled "learn more about Windows Phone 8," and directly underneath it is the sentence "Windows Phone 8 is coming soon!" which obviously means that the nation's third largest carrier will be making an announcement soon; the only Windows PHone model to grace the carrier's pipeline was 2011's HTC Arrive...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tigermcm (Posts: 814; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
too late already left, it was a good 11 yrs buuuuuut you're late!!!
7. TheRequiem (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
You guys are nerds... I'm going to laugh at you. I know people who work for Sprint. It's going to be the most amazing Windows Phone 8 yet, blowing away the 920. Presumably, it will be a new Nokia device in itself. hah!
9. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Nope you haven't seen it.
Too late Sprint, I left you and that was the best wireless choice I've ever made. You can keep your pathetic slow CDMA.
15. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Wont be much good though on there slow as molasses network until they improve it.
17. Imbatman (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
@TheRequiem. No one at sprint unless you are corporate knows anything about the phone(s) coming out for WP8 at sprint and I highly doubt anyone who says "You guys are nerds" is a friend of anyone that high in any company. I work for sprint and there is absolutely Nothing on this announcement yet besides the "Coming soon". Dont talk like you know anything just to sound cool while belittling others with nonsense and Wait for a official announcement or another leak from someone inside as i can almost bet there will be one in the coming months.
20. tigermcm (Posts: 814; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
good for you that you know ppl whowork for Sprint. Here, Tampa,FL I've been to every Sprint store and they either dont know what WP is or they actually get upset when you ask when will the get WP after they continue steering you to android
11. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Me three, not looking back. Especially with those nasty tiles, makes me want to throw up.
14. Bernoulli (Posts: 2189; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Me 4th, it was pathetic I had to roam in my house and was suspended for roaming abuse, duh! And when traveling outside of the city we'd lose coverage, wtf? !
3. THEJET88 (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
most def im still rockin with my HTC Arrive I want a Lumia 920 tho. Hopefully Sprint brings the Lumia 920 & the Ativ S
4. shnibz (Posts: 166; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
I had an Arrive too THEJETT88.... nice phone!
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9685; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lumia 920 is once again exclusive to AT&T.
13. THEJET88 (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
im saying maybe they can release a lumia 925 or something for sprint
8. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Hurry Sprint!! Im jealous of my wifes Lumia :-/
10. -box- (Posts: 3952; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yay for those still holding onto sprint getting an excellent phone option, but I concur with others here that staying with sprint is foolish.
12. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Not foolish for all friend. I don't have wifi and use a lot if data. T-Mobile has unlimited data as well but their lack of coverage in the whole state is laughable. Sprint is the best fit, just lacking Windows Phone sucks.
16. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Crazy how everyone has diff experiences. Here in Vegas Sprint is the slowest! If you google it to overall Sprint is rated the slowest overall in data. Unlimited is nice but not if your looking at a buffering screen half the time.
18. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Im not saying Sprint is super fast here but we live in an area where T-Mobile doesn't really work and at&t has a lot of 2G towers still. Verizon is the other option but not a good one for my use.
19. threeline (Posts: 262; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Sprint sucks, time to move on. Unlimited data to go along with unlimited buffering.