Windows Phone 8 bringing dual-core processors, 720p screens and microSD cards (finally!)
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Jun 2012, 11:53
You probably already expected this, but now it’s finally as official as it gets - Windows Phone 8 is bringing support for dual-core processors “and more”…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. SherlockHolmes posted on 20 Jun 2012, 14:59 2 0
Happiest Day will be there if following things happen !!
HTC 5+ inch Phone with Quad-Core Chipset , L.G.'s 440 ppi Screen with 1280p Resolution , 12 Mp HD Camera , Beats Audio and at last Dual -Boot with Android 5.0 and Windows 8 !!
25. mobilefuture posted on 21 Jun 2012, 02:06 1 0
That would be awesome but we all know its a fantasy. have you ever seen Nokia N10 rumors? tri-boot with windows 7 or 8, Android 4.0 and Meego...
i think dual-booting phones are still a few years away.
3. greathero1 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 11:58 3 0
What about Mobile Hotspot? When I spoke with a Tmobile rep last week and was considering a Lumia to replace my Sensation, I was told that Mobile Hotspot was not supported.
14. haseebzahid posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:54 0 1
err hotspot is already in line on next Tango update in few weeks for sure dont worry its all over the news
4. Muhannad posted on 20 Jun 2012, 11:59 2 1
Finally, but when do we start getting WP8 phones and also what about legacy devices?Other than that all complaints I had against WP are now non-existent.
9. snowgator posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:40 0 0
Rumor has it that September range for new devices, although that could be when WP8 will be released to manufacturers. Then October/November would be more likely.
Microsoft will support legacy devices, but in what manner is yet to be seen. I am done guessing. But, I am sure 1st and 2nd Gen devices will see support.
5. catt4u posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:18 3 3
Wow, dualcore, 720p and some 100K apps for high-end devices.
I think MS will have a winner ;)
8. Muhannad posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:37 0 3
I just can't wait for a Lumia and a S III of Windows Phone 8, both devices will be amazing!
18. catt4u posted on 20 Jun 2012, 14:45 2 1
I think it's more realistic to hope there will be a Galaxy Note with WP8 at first because of the dualcore.
Perhaps in a year there could be a S IV with quadcore,1080p running WP8
26. Unbeat posted on 21 Jun 2012, 18:04 0 0
I wish that will be true cannot wait to update my Galaxy Note to wp8
6. wsucoug13 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:28 2 2
This good news. For a working person who uses a pc, having a MS Surface along with (or just) a high end Windows phone would make life oh so easy. Compatibility is everything.
12. speckledapple posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:50 0 0
it is and we sometimes take that for granted as its only in limited form these days.
10. KingKurogiii posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:47 0 1
if Windows Phone 8 helps to pick up more App Support then there's a good chance i'll switch.
15. haseebzahid posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:56 1 0
well they sure give a brillant way to do it port from windows8/ios/android thats great news
11. PhansMuneeb posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:49 1 1
Current Hardware will get windows phone 7.8 which will look same as wp8
16. lumialove posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:31 1 1
Its not dual cores but it can support upto 64 cores.
17. Carlitos posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:43 1 1
Good for windows phone. They really need to give it there best, because now that android has achieved HD screens far superior from anything out there, and has finally (FINALLY) attained the fluidity of ios and Windows phone its really going to be a tough market for them to grow, somehow they have to find a space, between some very tough competiition between, the SGS3, the One x, the upcoming iphone and the Surprisingly quiet Motorola phones.
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 20 Jun 2012, 15:58 1 0
Its about freaking time, now we are finally going to see what WP8 can bring to the table. I'm all about competition and it's about time they get into the game seriously.
21. jroc74 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:10 0 0
I assume Nokia wont get a dual core chip?
Didnt Elop recently say dual core is bad on phones or something like that?
22. Mube1 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:12 0 0
Now we have to wait for nokia's ist hd screen with windows phone, may b cbd hd
24. thelegend6657 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 01:20 1 0
Here comes wp fragmentation .
And SD cards ? They slow the phome down
But i am pretty happy with wp8 overall