Windows Phone 8 bringing dual-core processors, 720p screens and microSD cards (finally!)
19. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Happiest Day will be there if following things happen !!
HTC 5+ inch Phone with Quad-Core Chipset , L.G.'s 440 ppi Screen with 1280p Resolution , 12 Mp HD Camera , Beats Audio and at last Dual -Boot with Android 5.0 and Windows 8 !!
25. mobilefuture (Posts: 209; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
That would be awesome but we all know its a fantasy. have you ever seen Nokia N10 rumors? tri-boot with windows 7 or 8, Android 4.0 and Meego...
i think dual-booting phones are still a few years away.
3. greathero1 (Posts: 544; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
What about Mobile Hotspot? When I spoke with a Tmobile rep last week and was considering a Lumia to replace my Sensation, I was told that Mobile Hotspot was not supported.
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
err hotspot is already in line on next Tango update in few weeks for sure dont worry its all over the news
4. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Finally, but when do we start getting WP8 phones and also what about legacy devices?Other than that all complaints I had against WP are now non-existent.
9. snowgator (Posts: 3350; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Rumor has it that September range for new devices, although that could be when WP8 will be released to manufacturers. Then October/November would be more likely.
Microsoft will support legacy devices, but in what manner is yet to be seen. I am done guessing. But, I am sure 1st and 2nd Gen devices will see support.
5. catt4u (Posts: 80; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Wow, dualcore, 720p and some 100K apps for high-end devices.
I think MS will have a winner ;)
8. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I just can't wait for a Lumia and a S III of Windows Phone 8, both devices will be amazing!
18. catt4u (Posts: 80; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
I think it's more realistic to hope there will be a Galaxy Note with WP8 at first because of the dualcore.
Perhaps in a year there could be a S IV with quadcore,1080p running WP8
26. Unbeat (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I wish that will be true cannot wait to update my Galaxy Note to wp8
6. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
This good news. For a working person who uses a pc, having a MS Surface along with (or just) a high end Windows phone would make life oh so easy. Compatibility is everything.
12. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
it is and we sometimes take that for granted as its only in limited form these days.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if Windows Phone 8 helps to pick up more App Support then there's a good chance i'll switch.
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well they sure give a brillant way to do it port from windows8/ios/android thats great news
11. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 359; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Current Hardware will get windows phone 7.8 which will look same as wp8
16. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Its not dual cores but it can support upto 64 cores.
17. Carlitos (Posts: 408; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Good for windows phone. They really need to give it there best, because now that android has achieved HD screens far superior from anything out there, and has finally (FINALLY) attained the fluidity of ios and Windows phone its really going to be a tough market for them to grow, somehow they have to find a space, between some very tough competiition between, the SGS3, the One x, the upcoming iphone and the Surprisingly quiet Motorola phones.
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3056; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Its about freaking time, now we are finally going to see what WP8 can bring to the table. I'm all about competition and it's about time they get into the game seriously.
21. jroc74 (Posts: 5379; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I assume Nokia wont get a dual core chip?
Didnt Elop recently say dual core is bad on phones or something like that?
22. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Now we have to wait for nokia's ist hd screen with windows phone, may b cbd hd
24. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Here comes wp fragmentation .
And SD cards ? They slow the phome down
But i am pretty happy with wp8 overall