Windows Phone 7.8 update resumes, won't cause live tile issues
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:51
A couple of weeks ago, Microsoft paused the Windows Phone 7.8 update rollout due to a number of software glitches, the most serious of them being the misbehaving live tiles. Simply put, the tiles could not update properly, which was not only annoying, but also costing consumers precious megabytes. At that time, only about 16% of the people who were supposed to get the new software had it already running on their devices. Well, now it's time for the remaining 84% to jump on board as the update is now available once again...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GJanee posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:08 1 0
so if i already have 7.8 for like a month now, will we also get an update on that previous 7.8?
2. GJanee posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:36 2 0
okay, i just updated the original 7.8 (7.10.8858.136) with this new one (7.10.8860.142)
4. RiseAgainst94 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 17:31 1 0
I'm with AT&T and bought a Lumia 900 version 900.1 and have yet to receive Windows 7.8 update. I'm disappointed by their lack of urgency (not that I expected it). I do not want to get the update by the time I can upgrade.
5. GJanee posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:04 2 0
you can simply update the phone with the "force" method in about 30 minutes (worked for me):
1. start zune
2. turn off wi-fi and cellular data on the phone and connect it to your PC
3. click on update
4. after about 2-3 seconds disconnect your PC from the internet (either unplug the cable or disable the network card/wi-fi adapter)
5. zune finds prior update 7.10.8779.8
6. after update is installed, repeat the above process, zune will find prior update 7.10.8783.12
7. after update is installed, repeat again, zune will find the original 7.8 update 7.10.8858.136
8. i'm guessing after this update the newest (above mentioned 7.10.8860.142) will be automatically detected by zune (at least for me it did), no need to repeat the network disable trick.
9. be happy with your 7.8 phone. :)
ps.: you might need to try a few times in order for zune to catch the updates.
9. macfire111 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 14:16 0 0
i have tried your method to update my at&t samsung focus 2 , but to no avail . I'm not sure what i have been doing wrong !
10. GJanee posted on 15 Mar 2013, 17:23 0 0
it requires a few tries, don't give up too early. i had to disconnect like 30 times before my zune catched the first update. after that it was like 3-5 tries at most for each update.
BUT it is also possible, that this method is not applicable anymore. and i don't know if the guys at xda know anything better.
12. Reecardo posted on 12 Apr 2013, 12:07 0 0
I do not why I have update 7.10.8862.144 and work well any problem
6. Marcus_h posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:46 0 0
I am trying with Window Phone 7 Connector on my Mac, but no joy : (
7. Credo posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:48 0 0
just updated it, still working the same, cyan Lumia 900 user.