Windows Phone 7.8 update (kind of) available for Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 510
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 05:54 posted on
Although the Windows Phone 7.8 update has not been released officially for the Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 510, there's a way of getting the new software onto these two smartphones. Several preliminary builds are available through a software flashing tool called Navifirm for all of you who are feeling adventurous...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shubham412302 (Posts: 430; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
i have updated my brothers lumia 710 with leaked version months ago
2. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
cant find any or what the exact Revision # ?????
3. fsjon (Posts: 119; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
If it is similar to the Symbian days, firmware pushed onto the Navifirm servers are pretty much the final software. And if you have flashed an android phone before, flashing with Navifirm is a million times easier and risk of bricking is fairly low...although I'm not saying it is impossible and you will void your warranty.
4. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
flashed it working good till now ... moving on
5. tumchaaditya (Posts: 71; Member since: 21 May 2012)
@those who flashed:
whats new besides the much-hyped features?
bluetooth file transfer?
I am interested in more subtle things such as message backup, send business card, a faster/better IE, some minor tweaks around the OS...