Windows Phone 7.8 update coming this month, confirm two European Nokia divisions
0. phoneArena 10 Jan 2013, 09:13 posted on
It is almost here, guys! The long anticipated software update for all legacy Windows Phone handsets is about to start rolling out in a matter of weeks, and a couple of Nokia's European divisions have confirmed it. Word came yesterday from Nokia Spain, who reassured us that Windows Phone 7.8 should hit Nokia Lumia smartphones by the end of January. And now, Nokia Italy tweeted that the new software is to be released in a few days...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Shubham412302 (Posts: 306; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Nokia cares from India are already updating windows phone to 7.8
5. rocker_570 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
True... Update is really awesome but applications take a bit of time to open
11. phil2n (Posts: 476; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I wonder why this is thumb down?.. any reason?
3. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Hopefully T-Mobile will push it to the Radar sooner rather than never. My Radar is starting to suck
6. rsiders (Posts: 312; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I had the Radar as my first second gen Windows Phone and I really loved it. In fact the only thing that ruined for me was the 8gb of storage and slightly lower front camera resolution. I got the HTC Titan unlocked off eBay when the prices dropped. Easily the best phone I've owned besides the HTC HD2! And now I even get 4g in a lot of Baltimore. Can't wait for the update. It's only been 7 months but who's counting?lol
8. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
The touchscreen on my Radar seems unresponsive a lot. Did you ever run into this issue? Other than that, it's a great phone.
12. rsiders (Posts: 312; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
No I never ran into that issue but I only had it for about three months. I really loved the feel of it too. The screen size was not an issue at all but I may be a little spoiled now.
7. Awaragardiyan (Posts: 39; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Nokia care in india are already updating to 7.8 . My friend got his L610 updated to 7.8 yesterday.
9. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Just waiting for my Lumia 900 from AT&T to get updated. I want that new tile screen.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3294; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Excited!!! As one of about.... Oh.... 21 Samsung Focus S users, I am pumped for a refresh. I sure am not expecting it this month, although February sounds realistic and reasonable.