Windows Phone 7.8 update causing volume problems with the Nokia Lumia 800?
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2013, 09:09 posted on
Some owners of the Nokia Lumia 800 are complaining that after the Windows Phone 7.8 update, their phone has lost about half of its volume strength and music that used to be comfortable at a volume reading of 15, now has to be cranked up to 30 to hear; reflashing Windows Phone 7.5 eliminates the problem confirming this to be an issue with the software...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why can't every platform make a perfect update without any bug? Sigh...
4. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Like someone wise said "No software is bug free" software is software, trying to patch up a bug sometimes might create another bug, an upgrade is sure to bring bugs and there are a lot of variables that affect the software too. That kind of comment only shows that everything must be perfect in your own little world.
6. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Are you trying to tell me that iOS is not perfect?
12. ZeroCide (Posts: 771; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
OMG!!! someone should inform apple of this.
3. TerryCrowley (Posts: 194; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
Would never have had this problem if people just upgraded to the Lumia 920. It's better i every single way and is pretty easy on the wallet. I was happy with it.
7. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Because everyone can afford a brand new phone worth about $500.
9. TerryCrowley (Posts: 194; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I got my 920 brand new for $449 through AT&T. Ain't that expensive
5. timukh (Posts: 293; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Thank God and I thought I was the only one!!! I updated my lumia 800 and I can barely hear it while commuting!! I was getting very frustrated!! Till now i could hear the songs clearly at 21-22, but now even 30 isn't enough. Nokia please release a fix to this problem.!
8. dnlsrphm (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I knew something was wrong!
After the update the keyboard sound is just too low, I barely can hear in a silent place! Before it was pretty audible
Not a big deal but now with this report make total sense!
10. demonk (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
tired of microsoft and lumia treating us like crap. updates havn't rolled in my region still. most users in US pay cheaper for any given mobile than other regions, still we're the last to get a damn update. this is the first and the last phone I'll ever buy from nokia or microsoft.
11. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
odd i updated 2 months ago by navifirm i never got any volume bug
13. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
My Lumia 800 works perfectly , PHEW :D Sorry for you guys though :( ..
14. jdep1 (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
Question for the ppl that are having the issue- Did you do a hard reset after the update? I unofficially pushed the update to my unlocked, unbranded Samsung focus S & after that some stuff didn't want to work but after I did a hard reset things work perfectly. All I'm saying is that the MS update works fine if there is a bug it's coming from what Nokia added.
16. JackBurr (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
Love the Windows Phone update, but i payed for my phone to have a premium portable music player. It had that, now i cant listen to anything from my premium payed for Spotify Account when i am on the train or on the bus.
Like this if you feel the same way so that Nokia have a better chance at seeing this.
17. BeckieD (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
My Phone volume goes up for like 5 to 10 minuets then it goes back down to 0 and i cannot turn it back up as it will not let me HELP anyone ???