Windows Phone 7.8 rolling out to overseas Nokia Lumia 800 models now
0. phoneArena 16 Dec 2012, 10:49 posted on
It looks like the Nokia Lumia 800 is starting to receive the long awaited Windows Phone 7.8 update although we are not sure if this includes carrier-branded models of the phone; the update arrived via Zune desktop software and was sent in four individual updates that started with a Nokia Update for Windows Phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rihel_95 (Posts: 268; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Hoped for WP8, but atleast NOKIA is not among the companies who leave out the old phones.
6. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
It is mobile from October 26th 2011, this is not an old mobile. So basically this mobile had 1 year support, wow. And it only got WP 7.8 which is light years from jelly bean.
13. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
and how many android devices (percentage please) are running even jellybean 4.1? please do not compare wp support with android support...
19. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
why? because most Android devices atleast see 2 major upgrades as opposed to the 800s 1? (if you can call a new launcer a firmware update)?
please, MS dropped the ball on the WP7 phones, how do you know they won't do the same to the current WP8?
20. Shubham412302 (Posts: 331; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
only the flagships recieve updates
most of the phones do not recieve
sgs, sgs+, htc ov, s xperia sola, xperia u and many other are on the same android version which it was shipped on.......
samsung updates only s2, s3, note, note 2 only frquently,,, others recieve updates too late
31. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Well they are not couting in rooted mobiles and I have a 2,5 old mobile (SGS1) and I am running on android 4.1.2 and can flash android 4.2 so I still have support.
17. aaronkatrini (Posts: 240; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Sorry to ask.. any news about Lg optimus 7?
4. harsh_doshi (Posts: 36; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
nothing here in india atm..:(..hoping the update will be coming atleast by tomorrow.
9. haseebzahid (Posts: 1845; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
:D i already flased mine 3 days ago with 7.8 navifirm seems legit
10. djripster (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
anyone with the '059J3G0' Lumia 800 get the update :?
30. haseebzahid (Posts: 1845; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
OMG its mine too sorry no update although i flashed it with 7.8 last week :D
OS version = 7.10.8858.136
firmware = 1750.0823.8858.12460
32. djripster (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Tried installing a different variant too... wondered if I should revert back and try the official update
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1845; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
if the offical update number is higer then the nivifirm then yes it will recive it
11. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
My Lumia 800 has the version 7.10.8773.98 and nothing yet
16. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Not available yet in the UK for my Lumia 800
18. cse.vicky (unregistered)
Anybody with some hope on Samsung Omnia W update to 7.8 ?
24. simad3 (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I hope so. But doubt it. I think only Nokia will put in the effort to release the update. All the other companies are busy with Android.
27. Aphorism (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Where are you?
Nothing yet here. Germany nor Austria.
22. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Waiting for my US 900 to update. I'm going to be waiting for some time.
35. amilau (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Feb 2013)
(ech ti ti pi) dub dub dub windowsphonehacker.com/articles/want_windows_phone_7.8_now_try_this_easy_tool-01-31-13
and was able to get the 7.8 update.. try it.
26. sallu (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I had updated my lumia 710 from Nokia care, 7.8 it nice...
29. djay_434 (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
no update till now for Lumia 800 in India - just checked up after reading the above blog post.