Windows Phone 7.8 and 8 to be supported into 2014
0. phoneArena 16 Mar 2013, 14:26 posted on
Users of Windows Phone 7.8 and the recently released Windows Phone 8 can expect to continue receiving...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Thankfully windows have seen the light and are going to improve therein Achilles heel now just combat the app store and then we have a good competitor! Long live wp8!!
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1230; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Why does windows phone 8 need to be supported if all windows 8 devices will be upgraded to windows phones 9?
8. blackeye117 (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
Because Then There Wont Be Windows 8 Devices they'll be called windows 9 devices .
4. NateAdam8 (Posts: 388; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I just hope they keep it up by doing what they say cause it feel like most WP Devices can run up to WP10
5. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
If we could see a 7.9 update i would be happy !
Keep the good work up Microsoft !
6. papss (unregistered)
Support seems to be WP8 thing these days.. I love all the updates.
9. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
It is important to note that support might end for Windows Phone 8 but by that time all Windows Phone 8 devices will get Windows Phone 9 Update anyways!!
17. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Guys, I'm no techno-geek.. Just a normal user with a lot of interest in knowing about smartphones and other stuffs... So this question might sound plain stupid to most of u here...
But I was wondering if there is any way to back up the text messages and applications in WP7.5?
I need them to be alive so badly and I've kept my phone away from the 7.8 update only to save those.. Is there any way I can update to 7.8, but still have my apps and texts?
18. aco96 (Posts: 239; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Windows phone is geting better every day. I'm definitely switching to WP :)
23. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
thats not a good idea because even nokia still not sure of wp phone future, you can convert to android and buy nexus devices but if you love nokia so much wp is good enough
26. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
let him give it a try unlike you he will willing to do it which is brigter side
24. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
That's another bait by the cunning MS to lure more fish. A lot of people will never forgive them for what they did to Lumia 800 and 900 which won't get WP8. Pathetic effort MS.
25. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
It would be great if they can keep up with the promise, but considering the speed at which the technology is improving I expect a lot of hardware exclusive features coming up with the next iteration of windows phone which may not be supported by all the phones.
27. tswsabeer (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
And where is symbian now? Nokia dumbed it's old fanbase and now they will pay for that. Typing this from a Nokia 603.