Windows Phone 7.8 SDK arrives, 7.8 update soon to come
0. phoneArena 23 Jan 2013, 07:54 posted on
Microsoft has just released its Windows Phone 7.8 SDK, an “optional update” for developers that brings two new emulator images to the existing one…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. valapsp (Posts: 474; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Remember that Mango update trick? Let's hope it works on january 31. :)
2. snowgator (Posts: 3205; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Bring it, baby... Ready for a refresh!!
3. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Why bother on a limited version of the os that's being left behind ?
4. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
many android phones are left behind, so technically you have to buy high end android to get updates and then you get limited to the nexus line for timely updates
also lets face it wp7.8 will be much smoother then low to mid android devices so they can tap that market
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Ill agree performance, but that is not my point.
These phones are toe nailed, no future, owners of them that have money will have moved forward not stagnating.
6. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but some dont have the money, so an update is better then nothing. besides those with these phones probably are heavy app users so wont be badly effective from lack of apps or support
atleast they get an update, more then many others even when there devices are capable
7. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Not many continue to develop relevant apps without some type of or earlier promise made to do so.
Toe nailed, limited sales an no monetary gain equals a soft hit imo.