Windows Phone 7 Series devices to accept apps only from Windows Phone Marketplace
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2010, 16:16 posted on
Windows Phone 7 Series handset users will be allowed to install apps only from the Windows Phone Marketplace...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
WP7S locked like Iphone = EPIC LOSS. It will become a cat and mouse game 'jail breaking' it like Iphone.
2. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Well this is just like the iPhone and the Pre... Give it 5 hours after release and developers will make a way to Jail-break the device to install homebrew apps... But just like jail-broken iPhones and Xboxes, if they catch you they will probably prevent your accts from being able to access the direct Microsoft Services. This is implemented to force quality control, so it makes sense, I just don't agree with this process 100%... more like 60% agree.
8. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
since when did the pre have to be jailbroken to be able to use homebrew? answer: never
3. ibap (Posts: 711; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
So will there be a 6.9 HD2? Might be my last WM phone.
4. jhoots (Posts: 74; Member since: 13 Jan 2010)
you know the best hackers in the world will tweak WP7 quickly and easily. hopefully marketplace apps arent too expensive!!
5. runin2music (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
I agree with the quality control as well. Still, I wonder how many issues pop up b/c of non-licensed app usage....or if the quality control is merely a price control to get more profit for Microsoft. Not a conspiracy theorist, just wondering what the motivating reasons are.
6. ibap (Posts: 711; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
They're emulating Apple - for image and profit.
7. mattkl (Posts: 182; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
Ya it works fine for Apple so I guess they think it will work for them. More reasins to stay with 6.5 with HTC Sense, for me atleast.