Windows 9 expected for an April 2015 release, but it's unclear if Microsoft knows that
0. phoneArena 14 Jan 2014, 19:57 posted on
We've heard some rumors about Windows "Threshold" which is planned to unify at least two of the three major versions of Windows - Phone, RT, and # (7, 8, etc.). Now, Microsoft super-newsman Paul Thurrott is saying that Threshold will officially be called Windows 9, and it is planned for release in April of 2015. Unfortunately, it's unclear if Microsoft knows about these plans...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
So, I guess WP9.0 will be ready in September of 2015.
2. cybrtitan (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
if you read his full article you get this witch explains this perfectly
"No bits at BUILD. Microsoft will not be providing developers with an early alpha release of "Threshold" at BUILD, and for a good reason: The product won't even begin development until later that month. Right now, Microsoft is firming up which features it intends to deliver in this release "
READ THE ARTICLE PEOPLE before posting FUD..
4. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Who said anything about WP9.0 being unveiled at Build❔... Did you read my comment❔
5. cybrtitan (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
when I posted you hadn't (/ it didn't show) yet.. I was talking to original blogger sorry for the confusion
7. cybrtitan (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
basically the quote makes InfoWorld's article irrelevant, and thus this article
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If you want reliable WP, W, Nokia, or Lumia news WPCentral is your best bet...
21. Jommick (Posts: 213; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
For windows news, I've always used Bink.nu - they update on just about everything Microsoft related
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6895; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just hope it won't look as crappy as Windows 8 with it's boring tiles. still misses windows 7
9. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That doesn't even make sense.. The W8 desktop view is the exact same as W7.. What❔
10. Desmund (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
Got to agree everyone that always kept saying negative stuff about W8 is just saying it for saying's sake.
I've had this Laptop for a year non touch-screen and I've been able to nagivate W8 pretty well it's loads better than what I use to have(Vista(That hurt just typing that)).
12. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol.. It is annoying reading things on PA that people repeat without even knowing what they are repeating.. I guess they have a need to fit in..
20. vincelongman (Posts: 2097; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I recently bought a HP Pavilion 13 X2 (tablet laptop hybrid) when it was on sale for $450, honestly I don't miss Windows 7 at all and I haven't installed a start menu.
13. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I loved my windows phone and i used it longer than any other phone. But I'll never own one again as they clearly cant get their act together.
15. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Does this mean WP9 wont come out this year? Lol both Android and ios get two major updaes before WP even gets one.
17. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What are you talking about❔.. WP8.1 is coming in April. WP8.1 is the next major update.. Dude.. You lie if you say you ever had a WP device..
18. nightfury (Posts: 61; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
lol u call that a big update ...really ???
19. nightfury (Posts: 61; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
wp needs to add support for file managers, bluetooth file sharing, UI customizations , 3rd party files installs etc..
22. luxzy801 (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
They had that, it was called Windows Mobile!