Windows + Android = WindowsAndroid!
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2013, 08:14 posted on
WindowsAndroid is a new PC program allowing you to run Android natively on your Windows 8, 7 or Vista PC...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. windroid (unregistered)
Have to ask for some royalties... they're using my nick!
2. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Windows + Android = WindowsAndroid!
I like the idea of this thing..
4. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Agreed! I love both platforms and this is like true love xD
3. Tsoliades (Posts: 228; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
This is amazing.
9. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
There is a trojan in the file...Just deep scanned it after it took so long to get downloaded
23. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
no there's not. kaspersky didn't detect anything. (kaspersky is most powerful antivirus i know for consumers...)
30. zazori08 (Posts: 113; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
nope i think the most powerful is Norton.
32. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
yeah right..Norton is the most powerful but I think that Kaspersky is enough for Home users like me :)
31. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I also scanned the file with kaspersky....
it had trojan virus..
please deep scan again..
7. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
that is great !!! long live android an the new member !!!
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Just install android x86 .
I've been running it since gingerbread
11. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
This s**t has a trojan virus..
Just deep scan it...You'll get to know it yourself.
12. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
You can't just install any App yet, there isn't even Play Store. This version if full of bugs.
13. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
and here comes the "put android on lumia 920 with this program" enthusiasts.
26. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
no, you would not do that....but Android ran on the last HTC windows superphone - I am sure Android can run on Win8, but it would be a dual boot.
15. raphz (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
if this thing work perfect in windows 8, than it only a matter of time that this program will work too in wp8, IMO
18. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Unlikely, you can't run unsigned code on WP8 and there's UEFI which will block any non-MS code from being launched at startup.
20. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
For example, you can now write native Windows 8 Desktops programs (formally known as Windows Store Apps) in HTML5/CSS if you want, which is an easy language to support multiple devices with, and the Windows Runtime manages all the code, optimises it, and translates it into a language that Windows understands.
21. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Yes, but porting Android to the WP8 environment is simply impossible due to the code signing process (which has nothing to do with programming languages btw). Unsigned code must be loaded into memory during startup itself but it's impossible with UEFI in WP8 devices.
33. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
just wondering, do you code apps for android and wp8? because if you do then you'd know it is not impossible. actually, it was easier to bring my app from android to wp8 than it was android to IOS.
22. BiN4RY (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It would be even better if they ported it for Windows RT
25. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Cool idea....again, possible because of what Android is based upon.
27. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Run the win8 launcher on Android
28. elirev4 (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
Download it here for free...