Window Phone Blue update leaked from job posting
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Feb 2013, 12:15
A job posting from the Microsoft Office division shows that the Redmond based tech giant is working on an update to Windows Phone called Windows Phone Blue; the job posting mentions that Microsoft is looking to put together an Excel MX team that will make a touch optimized version of Excel for mobile phones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jade272727 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 12:22 26 5
Windows 8 and Windows Phone is just getting better and bigger! Compare to that boring iOS and iPhone! Haha!
2. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 16 Feb 2013, 12:55 19 2
Blue should include more customization options.....
8. darac posted on 16 Feb 2013, 15:36 10 3
Damn, you got a thumb down for that?
What kind of an idiot would disagree with it ?
9. Droid_X_Doug posted on 16 Feb 2013, 17:14 12 3
The same one who disagreed with your post. Probably a disgruntled iFan.
16. haseebzahid posted on 17 Feb 2013, 01:32 2 0
lol my sympethies with you for ur inocent request of customization
3. lubba posted on 16 Feb 2013, 13:20 12 1
Exciting year for MS's WP. Integration across platforms is the key-Xbox, WP, w8. Alot of techies here but many seem to lack a vision of the future. Well I guess that's what happens with fanboyism disease.
4. darac posted on 16 Feb 2013, 13:38 2 10
I hope they make it right this time and drop the pointless forced limitations.
I want a good OS for Nokia's next generation pure view.
That could finally start bringing Finns back on track
5. roscuthiii posted on 16 Feb 2013, 13:50 0 0
I dunno... I always thought Windows Phone Blue was going to be a reference to Microsoft incorporating Blue Stacks into the OS itself.
7. rusticguy posted on 16 Feb 2013, 15:06 1 9
When this fails to take off we will have lots of Green :)
12. volcano posted on 16 Feb 2013, 18:08 8 1
typical hater i really don't want to hate android but people like you who troll on windowsphone topics on different sites forcing us to hate it and forcing us to respond with hate comments
19. papss posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:46 1 1
Agreed.. It's a typical closed minded comment from him so don't expect that to change
10. kaliil10 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 17:36 4 1
Bill Gates knows how to destroy the competitors as he did to Apple in 1980s, and he will destroy again Apple and Google. We will not gonna see big changes in Q1 2013 but the real competition begins after MWC.
13. -box- posted on 16 Feb 2013, 19:43 3 2
Gates doesn't have any input on day-to-day ops at Microsoft, as he's running the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. You can thank Steve Ballmer and company.
11. lubba posted on 16 Feb 2013, 18:01 3 1
@darac... It appears nokia's February financial showed progress. Sacrifices have been made to cut cost in order to save money and compete. Regarding their phone division, they've just penetrated the US, starting with att, T-Mobile, Verizon, and soon sprint. They've slowly penetrated china, India, and other important countries. The 620 has garnered good reviews so far. As they push forward with more devices both high and low end with their exclusive technology, they will become the top WP vendor. Add to their anticipated tablet, Nokia is set to move forward in 2013. Most don't realize the potential of WP and w8. They pride in spending thousands of dollars buy gadgets whereas MS has now begun to close that gap. One wp, one surface or Nokia tab, and an Xbox is all you will ever need. And if you need a great camera and video recorder, Nokia will provide that. No more buying thousands of dollars in gadgets for everyday different situations. The money you saved buy yourself a bag of chips, sit back and relax.
14. jedpatrickdatu posted on 16 Feb 2013, 20:26 5 1
I'm excited for Windows and Windows Phone Blue, I just hope it's not based on a new kernel so early that it again won't be compatible with old devices. That would seriously hurt the fanbase.
15. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 16 Feb 2013, 22:19 1 5
If anything, this just fuels the allegations that Windows 8/RT/Phone 8 were sufficiently poor products so as to necessitate what will be about the quickest update/turnover to a new Windows version in Microsoft history. Six to eight months after initial Win 8 release, Windows Blue gets released across the board... for free... to immediately replace all existing Windows 8 derivative products. Hilarious!
18. bon24x7 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 05:02 1 1
just like android comes up with a new release about twice a year..and that too free...hilarious...
20. papss posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:49 1 0
Again I agree... I wonder if he even comes to make valid points or just a troll
21. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2013, 19:32 0 0
Excellent question... sometimes, I end up wondering the same thing myself!
22. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2013, 19:43 0 0
Haha... I'm a troll who isn't a fanboy? Wow... how odd would that be!
17. Edmund posted on 17 Feb 2013, 03:53 2 1
Windows (Phone) Blue is the cloud component of W8 (WP8), nothing more.