Will the HTC One look like this after all?
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Feb 2013, 08:11
Okay, we're confused now. Right when we thought that the HTC One, formerly known as the HTC M7, was supposed to look like this – a slightly smaller HTC Butterfly look-alike, Evleaks throws this seemingly legitimate rendering on the table. For those who don't remember, the pictured handset looks a lot like the very first leaked image allegedly depicting the smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 11 Feb 2013, 08:40 16
I guess we will have to wait to find out! Bring it on HTC!
20. abdane posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:26 6
WOOOOWW !!! that is amazing design ^_^
but i dont think it will be like that... will probably look like the 8X
49. andro. posted on 11 Feb 2013, 14:21 0
Which isnt a bad thing per say as the 8s and 8x both have a great outer design but are massively hindered in sales by them using windows phones. Some Htc phones like them with android would be head turners
28. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:18 0
I'm tired old those leaks...
36. Vinayakn73 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:49 0
but there is no third button at bottom. looks weird. where is app killer task manager. and the botton bar should be transperant.
59. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2013, 17:45 1
if it looks like this, then this will be my first htc phone :)
50. JC557 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 15:24 4
Probably would make a nice speakerphone and louder ringers/ alarms.
13. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:05 16
i think those speakers will get incredible sound
55. kozza3 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 16:41 5
It actually makes much more sense to put them in the front. Think about it.
3. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 08:45 18
Looks WAY too much like the Z10. I would rather them go with the big WP 8X design than this. Though, I still love the idea of front speakers.
19. ngo2dd posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:24 6
What are talking about? This look more like the EVO 4g LTE then the Z10
37. Commentator posted on 11 Feb 2013, 11:09 0
The Evo doesn't have the bottom part.
To me this looks like if they put a screen on the back of the iPhone 5.
40. Izoe posted on 11 Feb 2013, 11:33 0
I agree the Evo doesn't have the bottom part. Why not just say it looks more like the z10 instead of going through the trouble of flipping over the iphone 5 and putting a screen on the back, the z10 already has a screen in front of it. besides the design was originally blackberry's, before our "innovative" people at apple saw it and decided it would look good on their own phone. Hey just giving credit where its due
41. Izoe posted on 11 Feb 2013, 11:49 1
just so it doesn't seem like i'm trolling or bashing apple
notice this is dated January 2012, looong before the iphone 5 leaks started. Just saying, give credit where its due
60. takay0 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 17:49 0
JIAYU G3 how about this phone? i think this is the original
4. spideyhead256 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 08:47 6
i appreciate the new design..and the ui looks really slick.gotta wait to find out what's the real deal.
18. spideyhead256 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:20 7
everything with a curved edge doesn't look like an iphone.
26. lyndon420 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:06 3
Tell that to apple.
39. spideyhead256 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 11:26 0
i would,but i couldnt care less about the iphone to be honest.
72. vincelongman posted on 13 Feb 2013, 22:59 0
But the Z10's front design is very similar to the Droid X and Droid X2
10. Starscream9 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 08:53 5
This time it looks that the Sense interface is not that heavy infact i like how htc has used Matt icons now and interface now looks abit trimmed. The position of thier touch capacitive buttons do not look well in place, this will cause accidental presses also the Name "Htc M7" sounds way better than the old type name Htc one. Seriously they should'nt name it One again.
11. simad3 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 08:59 4
Fake. Can't anybody notice the chamfered edges from the iPhone 5.
14. Tarzan posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:12 2
HTC One or Xperia Z, I will wait to see what HTC has got to offer.
17. dirtydirty00 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:20 0
looks way too much like an iphone to me. esp with the metallic edge around this sides.
21. ngo2dd posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:27 4
People keep saying it look like the Z10 like how people say the 8X look like a lumia because they never see it in person. This people Phone look like a white EVO 4g LTE. The white EVO has metallic edge and has similar grill on the speaker.
70. jackhammeR posted on 12 Feb 2013, 05:49 0
a bit from HTC..and a huge bit from latest Blackberry.
24. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:02 1
i really doubt that. look at how similar it looks to the iPhone 5, even the chizled spine looks the same.
46. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:50 1
It looks like they took the back of the iPhone 5 and put a display on it, due to the etched metal. Look at the button arrangement too; back and home, with the HTC logo in the middle?
One more thing; THAT is an awfully large front camera lens.
25. Jonathan41 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:06 0
I've always though this design look pretty cool. I like that the speakers are on the front. There is no real reason to put them on the back or bottom. Why hide them? Besides people are always complaining about HTC recycling designs (I don't believe they do. HTC's designs are inspired by their previous designs but, never abusively). This is something new, something a little more daring and I think thats a good thing.
27. Jonathan41 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:10 0
The more I look at it though the faker it looks. Idk. The 19th can't come fast enough.
30. Whateverman posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:19 1
It does look a little like an iPhone but better. I hope it isn't fake because this is an HTC I would buy!
32. protozeloz posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:26 1
In kinda liked the Samsung render and wished it was an S4 but this looks nice...
31. Coolest4ever7 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:25 0
That has to be the fugliest phone I have ever seen
33. gwuhua1984 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 10:30 2
If that's how Sense is going to look, the phone is going to look great.
45. N.Reynolds posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:47 0
Maybe press and hold home like on some other Android models? I asked myself the same thing.
38. dicemoney posted on 11 Feb 2013, 11:20 0
If this is the new HTC phone I'm getting it instead of the gs4 I guess this the new sound thing HTC was talking about with the front facing speakers
42. Taters posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:12 0
HTC sucks. I can't wait to see how they screw this one up when it releases. They always surprise us with some kind of deal breaker.
43. ahhxd717 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:15 0
I don't like this design too much, but its ok. It looks more like a white Evo LTE with HTC Heroish influences. But I do agree it looks similar to the Z10
44. T12RYK posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:45 3
I really like this design, I like the One X's design too. In my opinion HTC make the best hardware out of all the Android manufacturers and now hopefully their software will get an overhaul to help their main weakness, BATTERY LIFE!!
Come on HTC!! Knock this one out of the park and be back on top!!
47. Jphones posted on 11 Feb 2013, 13:15 1
People must be blind. Looks nothing like the z10. Way more attention to detail and visually striking features. An sense . Looks like like a cross between android and windows. Looks like it will be he best phone until he s4. Probably Be the best audio quality phone all year.
48. Owlet posted on 11 Feb 2013, 13:49 1
It might be fake. There's no room for the carrier branding on top. Looks nice though. If it's like that, I'll buy it. But wish it was 5" like DNA.
51. amiroo posted on 11 Feb 2013, 15:35 0
whats expect other this??
always HTC shock me with fantastic design..
i belive that htc can sales more and more with this Masterpiece..
Come on HTC !!
52. abchco123 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 15:54 0
Htc is going down the road, just like Blackberry. I really liked their old designs. Like the One series were probably the best looking, now htc is just crap.