Will smartwatches be the new tech mania of 2013?
What we wanted to know is if you, guys, are excited about the idea of wearing a smartwatch? Well, that obviously won't make women like you more (or help you go on your dates on time), but who knows, there might be some potential in such kind of device, although we're not really sure what our smartphones are going to think of this... Chances are they aren't going to like it. After all, they can already do everything those gimmiky smartwatches will be able to do, right? Or is that so? Let us know what you think by voting in the following poll and dropping a comment below!
- Will smartwatches be the new tech mania of 2013?
154 votes (154 votes) OMG, I need a smartwatch!
248 votes (248 votes) I already have a smartphone.
317 votes (317 votes) We're yet to see real smartwatches, so I dunno.
48 votes (48 votes) Will they run Angry Birds?
34 votes (34 votes) If Jay Z wears one on TV, I'll get one.
1. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
If Jay-Z is wearing it. Hey, he re-invented the New York Yankee brand and is one of the richest musicians out there, worth more than $400 million. Props to him ... and smartwatches.
42. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Pointless accessories that will have a short life. A watch is a watch, all the current smartwatches have been failures. Its dead technology that will never become mainstream.
2. smallworld (Posts: 360; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
If Beyoncé wears one on TV, I'll get one.
18. dangchitrung (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
If beyonce wears nothing on TV, i'll get one.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 7809; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'll get beyoncé the hell with the watch lol
26. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2953; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'll get the watch if it comes with Beyonce... :D
28. Diazene (Posts: 100; Member since: 01 May 2013)
what about your wife in your profile picture?
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 7809; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You wish she was don't ya? And you sound awfully jealous LMAOOOOO she is hot huh?
37. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I was talking about whole your story about the "family", it is fake! And I'm sure that these photos are not yours too! :D
And talking about the woman in the photo, she is not my type and she doesn't look hot at all, at least it is mine opinion. :)
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 7809; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO man I gotta give u a +1 for that bro lol. Jealousy rears its ugly head LMAOOOOO!!!
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 7809; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're so jealous dude, you couldn't even type your words right, or use the right ones. It's my opinion...not mine opinion. Also it's your whole story...not whole your story lol. Day a nice have...oops LMAOOOOO
40. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
English isn't my native language, that's why I make mistakes. Also why I should be jealous, because of "fake" stories about family? :D
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 7809; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
She's got the ring on her finger, beyoncé s Jay Z's wife. I'm loyal, but I can still see lol. Beyoncé is smokin hot.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3748; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If Jackie Chan wears one on TV, I'll get one.
6. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I thought it was Rowan Atkinson at first? ;D Nah, Robert Downey Jr, he's suave.
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3748; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha......yeah, it was Rowan Atkinson at first, but I edited it to Jackie Chan!
Robert Downey Jr? He's awesome! What about Chuck Norris? :)
13. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Chuck Norris? He is mainstream and overused ugh (SO HIPSTER). What about Kat Von D with a smartwatch?!
17. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3748; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow Kat Von D, tatoo artist eh, if she is wearing a smartwatch, she will definitely tatoo her smartwatch as well!
4. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Hmm smartphone can do and a normal watch ;)
5. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
If apple isn't making one then yes..
7. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Hey everyone look! Another cheap meaningless hit at Apple! Original! (sarcasm intended)
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3279; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
We totally don't have an abundance of those.
10. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Definitely we need more ... wheres TROLL?!
9. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
smartwatches are dumb! even the smartphone is yet to be "smart" the way they should be smart... its just a gimmick! i hope smartwatches fail
12. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I seriously thought about this with the iPad and "tablets" in their new fresh form, like "Who needs tablets we have smartphones and computers, pfft." ... Now, I praise tablets! So who knows about the smartwatches?
32. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
but very few people had thoughts like yours when tablets were starting to be released. a huge chunk of population interested in tech welcomed tabs cause of the touchscreen capability.
but look what happened to pebble watch... very few people showed interest in that cause thats stupid! glass like google glass would be a huge success cause its more its more intuitive but smartwatch?? NO! im very sure these would not be successful at least not in the next 3-5 years!
14. FlushGordon (unregistered)
One word ... REDUNDANT.
What the heck can't a smartphone do that a smartwatch can? Well aside from being a body accessory?
Smartwatches are nothin but the next must-haves for show offs and braggarts
15. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Gimme a native 64 gig Smartwatch that supports 64 gigs of micro sd then I might buy one...
16. tusshharish (Posts: 318; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
if this watches made by nokia then definately yes..........
20. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
My watch is already smart. It tells me the time, the day of the week, the day of the month, and charges itself with ambient light. Plus it's stylish, made of sturdy metal and required no contract!
21. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
What About flexible phone that can be used as wristwatch just like samsung youm glass i think ots more efficient
25. Kelley71 (Posts: 44; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Am I the only person who sees data input--even as simple as a WiFi connection, let alone a text message--as a complete nightmare on a smartwatch?
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that they won't be the new tech mania of 2013 and I already have a smartphone.
29. lauremar (Posts: 178; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
I'll stick with my manual winding wrist watch, thank you very much!!!
30. lauremar (Posts: 178; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
As far as wearable tech, Glass is already here and I will wear that first before a watch :-)
43. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5180; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just because someone celebrity like Jay-Z wears it thinkin I'm going too buy it? yeah right. and the DRE BEATS HEAD PHONES? Those are a over rated product for head phones. Sony was first too make a SMART WATCH. We will have too wait and see what the future holds in SMART WATCHES
44. EspHack (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
i doubt samsung can make it this time, watches are all about build quality and good looks, HTC apple and nokia will beat em all
45. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I haven't worn an actual watch in like ten years, so this tech doesn't really appeal to me.