Will a 2014 Nokia Lumia model be first to offer Pelican's 16 lens technology?
0. phoneArena 04 May 2013, 11:27 posted on
We've already told you that Nokia plans on investing in Pelican Imaging, so when the latter says that it is in talks with one handset manufacturer to bring its 16 lens technology to the market in 2014, the Finnish based OEM would have to be the favorite to be offering the technology on at least one of its models sometime next year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. santaclaus (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
too bad i cant wait for a 2014 Lumia, i will get my EOS by this year.. haha
23. akki20892 (Posts: 2667; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
me too dude, it will cool pureview phone in 2014.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This with a large (32 or 48 Mp ~ 8 or 12 Mp resulting image) sensor WOULD be a hero camera in a hero smartphone. It might even get me to buy a WP phone.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, some people think that a magnificent camera isn't enough to justify the whole package as good.
As for me...Nokia is again taking a huge leap like they did with the OIS and Pureview tech in the 920 and 808 last year. They make history.
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia : "Daddy O' Nokia is gonna return in 2014, SUCKERS! I'll be back!"
Damn, I can't wait to see the beast! Good luck Nokia! :)
9. boosook (Posts: 774; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Please, please, sell your xperia z, buy the 920 and stop infesting the forum with pro-nokia messages! :-)
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sorry bro! Cuz this will disappoint you, I will switch to a Nokia Lumia next year, not now!
I'm not rich like you, I don't have so much money to sell and buy....sell and buy....sell and buy.....! And is there something wrong when wishing good luck to Nokia?
8. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
so i should skip the upcoming nokia catwalk thing and wait for the next one?
leaks are bad :(
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You should ask yourself, will you wait until next year? It's gonna be a looonnggggg time! You should wait for the upcoming Catwalk! :)
18. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 337; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
and next year some new leaks will occur which will show you that Nokia EOS II with 50MP is coming with 4k video capture.....its your choice. ...
10. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Thats amazing...i hope all oem signup for this technology!
12. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This is innovation at its truest form. The others will only just take ideas from the kings!
15. ryq24 (Posts: 442; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The bigger question is will nokia still be alive in 2014? :-)
16. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The biggest answer is : Y.....E.....S!!! :)
19. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 337; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
c'mon stop hating you dumbass haters...
26. Altair (Posts: 297; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Nokia is not having such issues like RIM... Errr Blackberry and HTC.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Finally, I saw this and thought it was a great idea, let's hope for more future devices to have this tech
22. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
This does seem to be a real deal not just a gimmick to fill up the specsheet. Focusing after taking a pic just makes photography much easier.
27. Altair (Posts: 297; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Dude, why should Nokia choose worse OS? If someone likes one of these "another row of retro icons", the one would choose iOS.
Lukily there is a fresh and innovative WP8! It is also good to know that all android (stolen product) OEM are paying patent costs to MS so they can make WP even better!
28. gabrelov (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
No matter if nokia goes wp or droid ill buy it since nokia is best cameraphone and most innovative oem.