Will a 2014 Nokia Lumia model be first to offer Pelican's 16 lens technology?
Pelican's array camera has 16 lens in a 4x4 grid which trumps the typical cellphone camera module. Each of the sub cameras is dedicated to one color which should remove some of the noise that can lessen the quality of a photograph taken from a typical handset. The resulting picture is stuffed into a JPEG file that is 20% larger than average, containing less noise than your usual photo, even if it was shot with less than optimal lighting conditions.
As we previously explained the other day, pictures taken with the Pelican camera contain focus information for the entire scene. This allows you to change the focus point of the shot after you've taken it. Aimed at smartphone owners who are a little more serious about photography than others, this technology could be a major selling point for Nokia next year. Check out the slideshow below to see how you can change the focus point on a single photograph.
Change in focus using Pelican's technology
3. santaclaus (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
too bad i cant wait for a 2014 Lumia, i will get my EOS by this year.. haha
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3603; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
me too dude, it will cool pureview phone in 2014.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5909; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This with a large (32 or 48 Mp ~ 8 or 12 Mp resulting image) sensor WOULD be a hero camera in a hero smartphone. It might even get me to buy a WP phone.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3019; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, some people think that a magnificent camera isn't enough to justify the whole package as good.
As for me...Nokia is again taking a huge leap like they did with the OIS and Pureview tech in the 920 and 808 last year. They make history.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia : "Daddy O' Nokia is gonna return in 2014, SUCKERS! I'll be back!"
Damn, I can't wait to see the beast! Good luck Nokia! :)
9. boosook (Posts: 1071; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Please, please, sell your xperia z, buy the 920 and stop infesting the forum with pro-nokia messages! :-)
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sorry bro! Cuz this will disappoint you, I will switch to a Nokia Lumia next year, not now!
I'm not rich like you, I don't have so much money to sell and buy....sell and buy....sell and buy.....! And is there something wrong when wishing good luck to Nokia?
8. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
so i should skip the upcoming nokia catwalk thing and wait for the next one?
leaks are bad :(
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You should ask yourself, will you wait until next year? It's gonna be a looonnggggg time! You should wait for the upcoming Catwalk! :)
18. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
and next year some new leaks will occur which will show you that Nokia EOS II with 50MP is coming with 4k video capture.....its your choice. ...
10. jove39 (Posts: 1315; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Thats amazing...i hope all oem signup for this technology!
12. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This is innovation at its truest form. The others will only just take ideas from the kings!
15. ryq24 (Posts: 527; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The bigger question is will nokia still be alive in 2014? :-)
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The biggest answer is : Y.....E.....S!!! :)
19. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
c'mon stop hating you dumbass haters...
26. Altair (Posts: 333; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Nokia is not having such issues like RIM... Errr Blackberry and HTC.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Finally, I saw this and thought it was a great idea, let's hope for more future devices to have this tech
22. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
This does seem to be a real deal not just a gimmick to fill up the specsheet. Focusing after taking a pic just makes photography much easier.
27. Altair (Posts: 333; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Dude, why should Nokia choose worse OS? If someone likes one of these "another row of retro icons", the one would choose iOS.
Lukily there is a fresh and innovative WP8! It is also good to know that all android (stolen product) OEM are paying patent costs to MS so they can make WP even better!
28. gabrelov (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
No matter if nokia goes wp or droid ill buy it since nokia is best cameraphone and most innovative oem.