Will Koreans flip for the Samsung Galaxy Golden?
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 23:37 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Golden (SHV-E400) is an Android powered clamshell model that has just been unveiled in Korea, where the phone will launch for carriers SKT and KT; the phone has two 3.7 inch AMOLED screens with 480 x 800 resolution and a dual-core 1.7GHz processor. The back and front-facing cameras weigh in at 8MP and 1.9MP respectively...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Aquarius (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
very nice, flip phones will make new come back
12. Oxygen (Posts: 82; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You might be right. For some reason, a lot of asian people like flip phones.
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 1514; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
would love to see some high end flip phones coming to the states.
4. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
$715? I think the price is too high.
In my opinion having two screens on a phone is as stupid as ASUS putting two displays on laptop (ASUS Taichi).
18. bbblader (Posts: 581; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
look at Cherepko,Shade,Alexander Zyulev and the other russians,now that is flipping.P.S. I'm not russian
19. bbblader (Posts: 581; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
and I'm comparing it overall by nationality
6. PhoneLuver (Posts: 468; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Would be nice if it didn't have a hinge and had a flexible screen instead. It's an interesting form factor that should really be explored.
7. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
$715 for 480X800 resolution and 3.7 inch screen with dual core? No Thanks.
8. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
U make me laugh Samsung... This would be Joke of The Day.. Lmao
13. boosook (Posts: 1072; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
You've probably never been to Japan, otherwise you'd know how much Japanese (and I presume Asians in general...) like this form factor. Do you think you or your country are an accurate representation of the whole world?
14. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
It has to be a demographics thing, I'm in the States and can't see a beneficial reason for having two screens on a phone, or flip phones in general. Likely their needs are different so they get it, I don't. I suppose it's good that a need is being filled for them.
10. Finest (Posts: 77; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
i'd go for that if it's still 2007 it'll be cool lol
11. Sondae (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Yes for me but it wont sells like hotcakes though.
15. kindlefireowner (Posts: 426; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If Apple or Nokia made this flip phone, The fandroids would be stomping on their grave. Where's the innovation?