Will Koreans flip for the Samsung Galaxy Golden?
This the second clamshell that Samsung has unveiled this month. Last week the Samsung Hennessy was introduced in China and that model is a little bit down the food chain from the Galaxy Golden with dual 3.3 inch screens offering resolution of 320 x 480. Meanwhile, with a name like Galaxy Golden, you wouldn't expect the phone to be any other color but the champagne gold that it is offered in. The phone is priced at 799,700 won ($715 USD). No launch date was announced.
2. Aquarius (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
very nice, flip phones will make new come back
12. Oxygen (Posts: 82; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You might be right. For some reason, a lot of asian people like flip phones.
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 1575; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
would love to see some high end flip phones coming to the states.
4. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
$715? I think the price is too high.
In my opinion having two screens on a phone is as stupid as ASUS putting two displays on laptop (ASUS Taichi).
18. bbblader (Posts: 584; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
look at Cherepko,Shade,Alexander Zyulev and the other russians,now that is flipping.P.S. I'm not russian
19. bbblader (Posts: 584; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
and I'm comparing it overall by nationality
6. PhoneLuver (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Would be nice if it didn't have a hinge and had a flexible screen instead. It's an interesting form factor that should really be explored.
7. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
$715 for 480X800 resolution and 3.7 inch screen with dual core? No Thanks.
8. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
U make me laugh Samsung... This would be Joke of The Day.. Lmao
13. boosook (Posts: 1129; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
You've probably never been to Japan, otherwise you'd know how much Japanese (and I presume Asians in general...) like this form factor. Do you think you or your country are an accurate representation of the whole world?
14. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
It has to be a demographics thing, I'm in the States and can't see a beneficial reason for having two screens on a phone, or flip phones in general. Likely their needs are different so they get it, I don't. I suppose it's good that a need is being filled for them.
10. Finest (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
i'd go for that if it's still 2007 it'll be cool lol
11. Sondae (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Yes for me but it wont sells like hotcakes though.
15. kindlefireowner (Posts: 452; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If Apple or Nokia made this flip phone, The fandroids would be stomping on their grave. Where's the innovation?