Widget allows you to track the data usage on your Verizon branded Android phone
Another important tool for Verizon' customers who need to watch every GB they use on data is Verizon's Data Usage Calculator which allows you to figure out how much data you will use each month based on the amount of time you spend watching Hi-Res or Low-Res video, listening to music, how many web sites you view, and the number of emails you send. You can adjust the settings to enter your usage on a daily or monthly basis.
source: Verizon via CNET
2. Cell man (unregistered)
If only it worked for my T Bolt
3. avgjoe (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Aug 2010)
So what you are saying is, if I do it just right, I can get daily widget updates, and read 4 emails per month for about $10 on my fancy new data package....awesome. I thought rape was illegal.
5. G-reg (unregistered)
Your under the illusion that major corps pay attention to laws
4. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
LMAO, Verizon and AT&T are bleeding people dry. It'll only get worse when AT&T buys T-Mobile if the idiots at Congress approve it.
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I think it will be industry wide pretty soon. Unlimited data is going to be a thing of the past.
6. ArmageddonX (Posts: 96; Member since: 11 May 2011)
Norton Utilities (Open Beta) is free on the Android Market and lets you do this and a bunch of other things too.
7. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
At&t isn't bleeding me dry. I have unlimited data on my phone, I was grandfathered in
8. trin (Posts: 88; Member since: 11 May 2010)
The last time i checked these companies aren't forcing us to sign up for or keep their service. A cellphone, especially a smartphone is a want, not a need. Wanna make a difference? Instead of a tampon, put your money where your mouth is.
9. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
And last I recalled, it was my right to complain about ****ty service if I so damn well please.
10. Cocoa Monster (unregistered)
Last time I checked, lousy store employees tried to force me into a smartphone, as it wasn't a need for me.
So...you can put that used tampon in your mouth.
17. tichtech (Posts: 13; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Last time I checked, no one forced us to buy a car, or gas, or electricity. Nor was I forced to buy a computer or get internet service.
All of these are wants, but in this day, age and our socioeconomic culture, they are needs. And like it not, smartphones are going that direction.
11. had them all (unregistered)
i just got my samsung droid charge and used the $25 media hub and downloaded batman the dark knight it was 1.26gb so i i wasnt grandfathered in with my unlimited i would be on 2gb for 20$ and got 22 more days left on my bill cycle. that means im almost over the 2gb already with (1) download smdh that means im will more than likely get a $10 oveage charge and get another lousy gb. one movie download was 1.26gb and the entry level data plan is 20 for 2gb really verizon really??? and they give u a $25 media hub gift card that makes you want to download movies but you have to pay $50 or $80 for the higher data packages to enjoy the (free) credit to download. My thing is verizon says that majority of their customers only use 2gb out of their unlimited so what the statistics on a 4g network Verizon you dont know cause its not fully out yet but you are changeing the data price before knowing what the average with faster better downloaded and streaming and huge screens that make you want to watch tv and movies on them. THIS WAS A VERY STUPID MOVE.
And then when you call into customer service the hold music says "GREAT new data pricing options" what the hell is great about paying a penny more than 29.99 for umlimited for only 2gb and paying $50 for 5gb and paying $80 for 10gb when $29.99 was unlimited what the hell is GREAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
13. Supraman21 (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
On July 6th at around 10:00pm I updated my plan to get Unlimited data. I went to my friends house to pick up a Galaxy S he was giving me. I went home and around 11:20 I went to switch my phones. The website told me that I had to get rid of my unlimited data and switch to one of the new plans. It went to call Verizon Customer service but on the site it said it wasnt available past eleven. The next day I call and I explain my situation. They tell me that I got Unlimited data on a non smartphone so its not the same. I go ok then whatever, but that fact still remains that I went to change my phone to a smartphone before July 7th and I wasn't given the option to get unlimited data for a smartphone, it changed to the new pricing. Well this guy was incompetent so I asked for the supervisor. I tell him the whole story and he said well I cant get you on the unlimited data because its not in the system anymore. Im like well I know that people that have the plan are locked in, so how is it not in the system? People are able to keep their unlimited data after they upgrade, how is it not in the system? He then says that he has to make a report to somebody and I will get a response in one to two days. I get a call today 7/8/11 and he said the codes for Unlimited data on a non smartphone and a smartphone are different and we cant get your smartphone on the plan. I kept telling him that ok why dont they just give me the unlimited data plan for smarphones. Blahblahblah I hung up. I called an hour later and did this all over again with another person and I got no luck. This bitch tells me that the system changes on eastern time. Im like it doesn't matter if its July 7 in New York, in Chicago its July 6. In no fine print did it say time zones matter. In no fine print when I was getting a data plan did it say it was for a non smartphone. This s**t is false advertising and fraud. Im a 10+ year customer. They didnt even offer me a discount.
14. cc (unregistered)
16. lmao (unregistered)
18. tichtech (Posts: 13; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
1. Why wait till the last hour? It's been know for at least a week here that Verizon was changing data plans on July 7th. Procrastination = Fail
2. What both reps said are true, unlimited data for a regular phone has a different code compared to that for a smartphone.
3. While not impossible to add the feature code to your plan, you better know someone high up at Big Red to do so. Even if the rep's manager added it to your plan, Verizon's audit team would remove and flag your account, as well as the manager.
5. You are not the only 10+ year customer with Verizon. If their advertising is false, then all companies that advertise any date is lying (ie. A Sears sale from 7am-12pm is legit in New York at 2pm because it's still 10am in L.A???). Feel free to shop around other carriers, if this was the deal breaker.
6. Offer you a discount? For your own bad planning? LOL
19. Monster.Ninja (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Idiot its been know for some time now that plans were changing...
Then to ask for a discount for your own bad planning.
20. Chrhill (unregistered)
Check out My Data Manager. https://market.android.com/det
It will give you per app views of your data usage so that you understand how you are using data. Very revealing and helpful. Android today. iPhone and others coming