Wi-Fi Sense feature for Windows Phone 8.1 appears on video
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2014, 12:39 posted on
You might recall that last month we showed you some images discovered of some of the Wi-Fi settings on Windows Phone 8.1. These images revealed that the Wi-Fi settings will include a timer that can turn connectivity back on based on a timer that can be set for 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day or you can set it manually. The feature, called Wi-Fi Sense, will require that you opt in to Location services...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
responsiveness feels faster in this one...
2. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
WP8.1 can't come soon enough....
Now that MS has it's OS in check.. They need to get their marketing skills in check..
3. Augustine (Posts: 1032; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Many apps try to accomplish this in different ways, none get everything right, much like WP 8.1 apparently.
There are so many things that I believe apps could do better that I should develop my apps. I just need to figure out how to profit from making them available in the app store. I loath ads, but I'd like that more people with similar needs would benefit too. I wouldn't favor releasing them as paid apps, but one way that I myself like to support software that is useful to me is shareware. Perhaps fully-featured apps that the users could enjoy and contribute to a poor developer if they like them, but they seem to be sight-unseen in app stores, curiously enough.
Too many off-topic musings, but thoughts would be welcome.
4. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yes.. Microsoft isn't always first, but they get it right, more than they get it wrong, once they are finally ready... And, that's worth more than being early, or first, everytime....
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Neh, I'll rely on manually turning it on and off. There's something about automation that turns me off
8. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
and you obviously made a comment without having watched the video because for people like you, Wi-Fi sense has a manual option.
9. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Maybe I should have rephrased it to "I'd set it to manual"
15. Augustine (Posts: 1032; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I use WiFi Power Saver (v. bit.ly/MZ72SX). It shuts WiFi off after a certain period of time searching unsuccessfully for a network to connect to. It works great for me when leaving home to work, even if I need to turn WiFi back on again when arriving at home. It's a convenient way to do something that helps extending the battery charge.
16. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I've tried something like that too, but my paranoid self forces me to do it manually
10. Aplusk (Posts: 118; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
bring 'wifi direct' to transfer large files with other wifi direct devices, samsung phone and tabs has it.
14. Aplusk (Posts: 118; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
yes, these kind of features will make wp8.1 more exiciting.
I have samsung tab 3, i have installed speedtest, swaps, tubemate, button, sim info, bluevpn, CPU-Z, clean master, iCricket, PdaNet+, ADM, Malwarebytes, Temp+CPU V2 etc.
I want to see all these kind of apps happening on windows phone with nokia.
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Go to WindowPhoneUserVoice.com and make a suggestion..
17. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 944; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Small tid bits that are going to make for a great update.