Why the new Pebble app and app store for Android is delayed
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2014, 22:06 posted on
I has been over a week since Pebble released its 2.0 app for iOS, which included the Pebble app store. At the time, Pebble said that the Android version would be coming soon. But now, that doesn't seem to be the case. On its own blog, Pebble had Kean Wong, the head of its software engineering group, explain why those Pebble users wearing the Android version of the timepiece have been shut out for now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Does anyone care about installing apps on a tiny screened watch?
2. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Let alone buy it? idk I think some people do
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I do (if I own one). I want to be able to make it as functional as possible, so I don't waste my money buying it for the sake of telling time only
9. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hey I have a Smartwatch 2 form Sony, and I wouldn't trade it for any other watch in the world. I use A LOT during my average day, and love the fact that I can integrate my workouts with it. I even use it in the Sauna after workouts, while my phone sits safely in my locker. Don't knock it until you try it.
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
You clearly haven't read their article on fragmentation yet
7. fanboyoftech (Posts: 27; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Sounds like fragmentation to me. And I own an S4, and a 5S, switching between both with my Pebble. It's a much better experience with iOS. Either way though, while plastic and ugly, I can't live without my Pebble. Android sounds tough to develop for though, wow.
8. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I've been wanting to own a Pebble (especially after seeing the Steel version), but I haven't really found a need for it. How's your experience with it?
10. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Get a Smartwatch 2 if you have an Android device. I have one and it's fantastic. The Pebble just seemed like a cheaper uglier little brother after I did more research, and compared the two. The app support has really stepped it up, and you don't have to worry about dealing with a company that gives a rival OS precedence.
12. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Is the Pebble Steel really that ugly to you?