Why do women prefer using the iPhone over other smartphones?
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:37
Oh iPhone! You seem to be a big hit with the ladies. Apple’s pride and joy is undoubtedly a dynamic piece of tech that’s bursting from the seams with plenty of personality, but interestingly enough in my experience, there’s just something about it that make women...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jay_F posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:40 94 7
Most likely solely because they think it gives them status and it's trendy.
13. ardent1 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:59 9 44
If you believe that, then how do you explain the pop icon gaining traction over the years?
It's not a fad. It's the real deal.
21. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:01 9 4
"...pop icon gaining traction over the years?"
You think so ? :)
40. Tux4g63 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:24 6 3
You answered your own question. And gave the correct answer in your own counter-answer.
Pop icons stick around-think Michael Jackson
Fads fade away-think MC Hammer
119. ardent1 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 02:51 3 1
Tux4g63, the iPhone is an icon as in it is iconoclastic in nature -- think about what the iPhone did to RIMesque smartphones.
As for "pop icon", you have to look toward the definition, say wikipedia that defines the term as:
"A pop icon is a celebrity, character, or object whose exposure in pop culture constitutes a defining characteristic of a given society or era. The categorization is usually associated with elements such as longevity, ubiquity, and distinction." (source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P
Unfortunately, the definition speaks nothing to market penetration and adoption rates, which are two of the iPhone's strongest features. For example, the iPhone has the highest customer satisfaction amongst smartphone despite the ongoing onslaught of new competing smartphones.
41. Sniggly posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:27 5 1
Twilight has remained popular with the ladies for about a decade.
The iPhone hasn't even been around that long.
Besides, if it's the real deal, why are you still rocking a Triumph when you can get the iPhone on Virgin now?
161. dmckay12 posted on 29 Jul 2012, 21:36 0 0
Twilight is a fad. The first book was published seven years ago and took a few years to become popular. Since new books stopped being written and movies have stopped being made, interest has plummeted. Sales decline daily. People (the ones that analyze this stuff and are really boring) say that most of its targeted market has read it. Someone needs to take my man-card after this.
45. SleepingOz posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:38 8 3
Oh man, please go back to your stilletos.
66. JGuinan007 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 16:59 15 4
Agreed 100%. New Kit to be a Trendy Preppy Soccer Mom..
1. Hybid SUV
2. Newest Iphone
3. Newest Ipod touch (eventhough Iphone does all the same things)
4. Newest Mac Computer or Mac book (to plug Igadgets into)
5. Pink glitter zebra bedazzled case with obnoxious tassle attachted 6.Unable to even use phone for anything other than texting and make phone calls (maybe able to take pictures maybe)
Feel free to add to the list
82. downphoenix posted on 24 Jul 2012, 18:06 5 2
They like to skip the Touch (or give to their kid) and get the ipad now.
96. PAPINYC posted on 24 Jul 2012, 20:42 9 4
Wrong Jay, because most are technically dumb and a "Smartphone" makes their pretty little heads explode. The Home button on the iPhone helps them get back to Start when they inevitably get lost going through the two pages of Home Screens.
101. E.N. posted on 24 Jul 2012, 21:04 5 0
I love how the author of the article says "At a recent social gathering event..." and then goes on to say that generally women prefer using the iPhone over other smartphones, and not a single one of you guys are asking about sample sizes, or whether or not the party was representative of the women in general, etc etc... Yet when there's an actual survey relating to the iPhone even with actual numbers, all hell breaks lose
just a side note, carry on.....
128. IamYourFather6657 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 09:02 0 2
Thats why my mom wants an iphone so badly
She using xperia now .
She dont care 4/4s or specs
she just want an iphone
172. cheetah2k posted on 11 Aug 2012, 19:47 0 0
I disagree with this statement that women "PREFER" iPhones.
My wife's last 4S lasted less than a day.
Now she has an Xperia - the SE Xperia Active (ST17i). Being a mum looking after the kids while I'm at work all day she had to have something pretty much indestructable. The Xperia Active has been everywhere from the bottom of a full bath tub to being dropped on the road into the gutter when she's had a bad day - bump and grind it keeps on ticking. After having it now for 3+ months, she told me the other day its the best phone she's ever had.
No iPhone can do that, day in, day out.
149. Nikonmorous posted on 26 Jul 2012, 23:29 2 1
Because women do things correctly the first time.
157. shreyans94 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 22:55 2 0
only reason is they wanna boast about buying the most expensive phone in the world
159. Darkerm posted on 28 Jul 2012, 01:55 0 0
Damn Right Dude :D
They just think that having an iPhone will make them popular or something like that :P
171. viper1983 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:39 0 0
Yeah, because they are exotic and rare.
170. viper1983 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:36 0 0
You can buy many phones at the same price or higher.
163. NeXoS posted on 31 Jul 2012, 09:13 1 1
Apple stole the iPhone 4 design from Garmin, after it won an award for it!
164. NeXoS posted on 31 Jul 2012, 09:14 1 1
Apple stole the i4 design from Garmin, look familiar?
20. ardent1 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:01 2 15
tkvdog, that is a sexist comment and makes you come across as a misogynist. And there's nothing funny about coming across as a misogynist.
28. dsDoan posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:07 11 1
Do you even know the definition of misogynist? You're using that term incorrectly.
5. SF_Steven posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:50 12 2
LMAO over some of these: it's PRETTY! I can buy SHINY cases!
6. axllebeer posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:51 9 2
My wife loves hers. And I hate it. What it does it does just fine. It's all personal preference.
9. Roomaku posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:54 0 0
I've never seen a white girl with a black iPhone, sounds like a conspiracy....
26. nicholassss posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:05 0 0
My girlfriend hates white phones, I had a chance to get her an iphone 4 for cheap and she passed it up because it was white.
10. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:54 4 2
My women friends hate iphone... except those who are Justin beiber fan girls :/
11. iDroidx650 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:55 3 0
Out of the 3 women that I helped exchange their GS3 for an iPhone 4S. They really liked Android. But their number #1 complaint is that its too big!
16. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:00 8 5
I guess if Samsung Galaxys S III was wearing Apple's logo, they would not think that it is to big.
24. ardent1 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:05 4 7
> they would not think that it is to big.
Obviously, you don't observe how females tend to have smaller hands than males, ceteris paribus.
One of the biggest drawbacks to large screen android devices is that they are uncomfortable to hold for an extended period of time.
30. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:08 3 3
I know and understand about what are you talking, I just say that for some people brand name is more important than ergonomy.
31. nicholassss posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:09 1 0
Maybe holding and using one handed but if size equalled discomfort no one would buy tablets.
33. nicholassss posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:11 1 0
Ps, I have small hands, I was trying to be outright argumentative. Sorry that seemed rude I couldn't edit and reword it because someone posted after me :)
103. nicholassss posted on 24 Jul 2012, 21:18 0 0
116. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:07 0 0
naaaaa people buy tablets EXPECTING to use both of their hands.....but people DO NOT expect to be using two hands while holding and playin with their phones...Those phones like the galaxy s3 are simply to big not just for women either but for majority of mankind lol....
42. cptbeatstix posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:37 2 0
So I just noticed that you must post comment with a dictionary right next to you. Only you don't know how to properly use the terms which you are using. A little advice, stop trying to start drama.
12. cptbeatstix posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:58 7 5
Why are they on the phone and not in the kitchen?
29. ardent1 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:08 4 7
cptbeatstix, you and tkvdog are like two peas in a pod. You must feel like a big person making that sexist comment.
38. cptbeatstix posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:17 9 3
It's called having a sense of humor. Apparently you are the only one offended by the comment. Be an adult, have a chuckle and move on. Plus, this article is a bit sexist in itself seeing that its generalizing that women love the iPhone. Next?
70. thedarkside posted on 24 Jul 2012, 17:30 1 1
14. bubbadoes posted on 24 Jul 2012, 14:59 0 0
tiny.ez to use. its what in...its the only thing that apple makes thats affordabe...the little apple on back.. fingers fit the screen.....talking to siri
15. taz89 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:00 5 1
from what i know and when i ask most girls why they want the iphone...its usually because its the popular and ''cool'' thing to have. rarely do they ever use the full capabilities of the iphone and use it like a dumb phone
47. SleepingOz posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:46 4 4
True, most of the girls i know just use it to make calls, text, take pictures and play games like angry birds.
Well, you can't really expect more than these from an iphone also..
136. ruthayy posted on 25 Jul 2012, 13:26 0 0
so so true. when people to try to cancel lines, women are usually like i want the iphone, im going to go get and iphone, i ask why, they don't even have an answer.
17. dragonscourgex posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:00 4 2
Okay, what makes iphone simple to use compare to a Android? Every time I ask someone i work with, they usually stumble over their own tongue and end up with a answer like "it's just easy" which doesn't answer the question.
19. ibap posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:01 4 2
I'm one of them thar females - and I have no interest in an iPhone. Where did they conduct this study? A social gathering? What kind? A party gathered to watch "The Bachelor"?
32. ardent1 posted on 24 Jul 2012, 15:10 5 4
The article is entitled: "Why do women prefer using the iPhone over other smartphones?"
and not: Why do ALL women prefer using the iPhone over other smartphones?
The absence of the word "all" makes a huge difference.
62. parkwaydr posted on 24 Jul 2012, 16:25 3 2
No, putting the word some in front of women would make a huge difference.
And I thumbed you up on accident.