Why did Apple pull Google Maps with a year still left on the contract?
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2012, 21:50 posted on
The thought was that Apple had replaced Google Maps with its own application because the contract between Apple and Google had expired and because Apple wanted Google off iOS; it turns out Apple still had a year left before the contract expired...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Burger king here I Come!!! :D
25. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Not if you can't find it.
On second thought, iPhone users don't need turn-by-turn; they just follow each other until they get where they are going.
30. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
benny hill music starts to play
35. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
yeah, but who is leading the one in front? And where are they going?
42. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Tim Cook, and they are going to Burger King..
5. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
sorry dude, wendygarett will always be there when it comes to apple news! :D
20. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
talk about self infliction :)))))
27. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
haha epic fail..
or should I say: EPIC FALE
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't ask a high school student that question lol.
43. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
if you want to extend that "O" sound, put more than two O's..
otherwise the meaning won't be so tight..
32. wendygarett (unregistered)
Here's a cookie :)
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
They did notice those things but they can't do anything to fix it on time. They should have let the contract expire before releasing a maps app that's fully functional and well built. What they did was like an "Elop's thing" where they dump a good product before having a nicely built one.
29. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And, based on other articles that have 'leaked', it doesn't look like Google is going to be releasing a Google Maps app for iOS any time soon. Apple may have drunk too much of its Kool-Aid this time around....
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Apple has an adapter for the Lightning connector that has a built in GPS chip and remote control capability. When you purchase it, it syncs with the satellites and uses voice commands from Siri to take control of your car to get you to your destination. They don't need Google, they've got it all covered.
8. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Covered as in the whole world covered with not uniform maps? Maps with grayscale images. Maps that's inaccurate. Maps that will get you lost instead of guiding you?
11. Aeires (unregistered)
Siri knows all, resistance is futile.
26. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Your avatar's a creepy thing to look at.
17. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
try asking where you leave your keys.
"Siri, where did I leave my keys?"
"Do you want me to search the web for that?"
28. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
hmmm I guess the new Siri update says:
"not sure, but wherever you find them, thats where they are."