Why an iPad mini would make sense, and why it wouldn't
1. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
IMO, don't create one. Having just two sizes makes it easier to sell accessories (case, bags, etc) easier. Production-wise it would also be easier.
Please leave the other sizes to droids. :p
16. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i agree.. apple would not be able to hit a low enough price point while ensuring quality… i think they will do best by selling older tech at a lower price
2. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
A mini ipad would be an Ipod :)
thats why it cant happen
3. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
No, no. The mini-pad would fit in quite well with their maxi-pad.
4. ian0711 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Don't get it? why selling the older model at a discounted price would be a much easier thing for Apple to do ..., and the old one still competitive in the market?
However we can see variable size availiable in the market currently.
5. michas (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Please, tablets doesn't make any sense at all and I don't care if a mini version of something comes out which also doesn't make any sense.
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
IMHO,ipad mini sounds a lot like a female higyene product...lol.
7. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I would not sell a smaller iPad if I were Apple. There are already too many configurations these things come in, imagine doubling that with a "mini-pad". It's already confusing enough calling it The new iPad. What would it be called "The newer smaller iPad?"
8. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Around 10 inches is the perfect size for a tablet, anything smaller than 8.9 inches is like an over sized phone.
9. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i can't stand apple because all the ipad&iphone both are is the same thing, just in smaller and larger forms
10. ktk27 (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
I would welcome a smaller version of the ipad. I don't want to lug around something as big as the ipad2. I am in the market for a phone and leaning to the Galaxy Note as it would give me the call quality I expect, an excellent camera and a big screen so I can see! And all in a size I can tote around without shoulder problems. Now if there were a mini ipad, I would consider it to get the quality and specs I want and then go for a smaller phone. But I will probably go with the Note as a phone/tablet and have only one thing to carry. And I am a woman with small hands.
11. andro. (Posts: 1972; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Doesn't the ipad mini exist already,its called the ipod touch isn't it?
They are the exact same after all as is the iphone,its the exact same idevice made into 3 different sizes so ifans will buy all 3.
12. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
another example of fandroid fragmentation.
some of you think android is so great for having so many options. then others post about an ipad mini being too redundant.
which is it?
and there is an obvious difference between a 3.5", 10" and what would be a 7" screen.
none of you are witty.
14. andro. (Posts: 1972; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Thing is you dont know the difference because being an ifan your used to your idevices all being the exact same and wouldnt know what variety is.The ipod,iphone and ipad are essentially all the same,they have the same menu appearance,exact same theme,exact same ui,same layout,options,icons etc. All thats different is the screen size.
Android devices however are all made by several different manufactuers eavh using their own custom launchers,menu layout,icons,graphic styling,widget styles,clocks etc. Also with this and screen sizes a wildfire s for example is entirely different to a 4.3 inch galaxy s2 or a 10 inch motorola zoom.
A ipod touch looks the exact same menu wise when placed next to an iphone and the ipad displays the exact same menu ui only with icons a bit further apart due to screen size
19. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
thats right. everyone loved that honeycomb and froyo/gingerbread were completely different. thats why they unified everything with ICS.
13. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
'Why an iPad mini would make sense'....
Because it is much easier for women to carry around a MiNiPad than a mAxiPad. (And, they're just as absorbent.)
15. handicrapguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
I wouldnt mind a smaller ipad. I sold my ipad due to it being too big. Got the galaxy tab 7.7 instead which is the perfect size for me.
17. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
iPad mini stupid
18. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Soooooooo...they're going to try and sell an ipod with slightly more surface area?