Who made the best Nexus phone for its time: HTC, Samsung or LG?
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2012, 07:56 posted on
Ah, the Nexus phones - probably the most beloved handsets in the entire Android universe. Never really achieving the status of top sellers, but always being highly-regarded, as they have not only been cool pieces of tech, but have also helped Google guide its partners and introduce new versions of Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. danny_a2005 (Posts: 165; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Totally agree.. If Nexus 4 would have been made by HTC this year I would totally buy it.. Sorry LG never liked your hardware.. I bet the camera on the nexus 4 sucks
16. SleepingOz (unregistered)
So according to you, the Nexus 4 would've been better only if it had an HTC logo on it? Oh man!
19. danny_a2005 (Posts: 165; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
No, HTC is not only a tademark, HTC means quality.. Have you seen a comparison of the Optimus G against DNA? You should.. And look what Samsung has done to Nexus.. Plastic phones.. Sorry but the galaxy's are really ugly..
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Having higher benchmark scores doesn't mean that the DNA hardwares are better since they're using more or less the same hardwares which invalidate your "LG never liked your hardware". Not to forget that the Optimus G is running 4.0.4 while the DNA is running 4.1.1 with project butter. It'd be really bad if it doesn't manage to score higher than the Optimus G.
32. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"and even tough it seems that Droid DNA preforms slightly better(due to 4.1.1), the Optimus G is good as well. Moreover, the South Korean flagship even runs faster in some apps."http://www.android.gs/htc-droid-dna-vs-lg-optimus-g/
"The Droid manages to refresh webpages slightly faster, the Optimus G launches the camera app quicker, and in the end, both perform quite similarly in terms of day-to-day use."http://www.gforgames.com/gadge
Also no one talked about Samsung here, you seem to ignore that HTC phones are also made of plastic. And the DNA is one of the ugliest phone out there. Try harder next time you want to troll.
49. psysect (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
sleepy wake up plzz!!
DNA is one of the ugliest phone !! R u Good??!!
52. mr.techdude (Posts: 571; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
SleepingOz mate wake up u doosh, the HTC droid DNA has had people all over the world saying "what a beautiful phone"...........etc. Ur really sleeping, sure HTC uses plastic but its poly carbonate, and has that matte feel to it, Samsung uses the same poly carbonate plastic but they put a glaze over it which feels like pure cheap plastic, so stop posting comments while ur sleeping OK
67. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
exactly!! dna is the most beautifull monster.
75. gelo0291 (Posts: 16; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
"HTC phones are also made of plastic". Totally incorrect. My HTC One S is made of aluminum, treated under thousands of voltage called the Micro Arc Oxidation process, which is also used in satellites, which makes it's aluminum 200% tougher.
40. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Hey Speak after thinking it twice !!
Sammy Fans all around !!
68. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I voted for the Galaxy Nexus for one sole reason: It had Android version 4.0.1. Period. IMHO that feature made it better than even the SGS2!
On a personal note I wish phones like the Motorola Razr had come with ICS from the start.
71. DylRicho (Posts: 17; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Don't forget the One S and how that pulverises the One X and Galaxy S III into the ground. :)
35. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Htc made the best nexus in my opinion , htc had the best display ,the best CPU ,the best designs during its heyday ,so they did a excellent job at it , LG also did make a great nexus but still its missing some things like a Sd slot which htc had back on its nexus, in my opinion Samsung nexus s comes third best , followed by the kind of half baked galaxy nexus which clearly shows htc had dedication
45. JBSIMDI (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Read some articles related to Nexus devices. Google did not want a SD slot because they didn't want to confuse users (and didnt want to pay patent fees to MSFT)
39. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I love HTC more than LG but as far as the Nexus goes the best is LG Nexus 4 just because it is the latest and greatest in the Nexus camp. its modern the crystalline back looks awesome and the whole phone feels premium. its the best cuz its the latest with HTC coming in at a close second. the samsung nexi devices...not so much though G Nex isnt bad by any means either
69. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Hullo? The device says best in it's time. Not the latest and greatest. As of December 2012 the Nexus 4 is
"obviously" the best.
51. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I find it actually funny that the nexus 4 has the most votes..... IT SAYS BEST OF ITS TIME FOOLS!
54. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. This isnt just about specs....its about overall user experience IMO. And the Nexus 4 hasnt been out long enough.
53. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I say so far....the Nexus One too. The Nexus 4 hasn't been out long enough. The Samsung Nexus's....too many reception issues. Sorry Samsung fans. I had a G Nex, kids mother had a Nexus S.
56. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Also specs, storage, LTE wasnt an issue for the Nexus One at the time. Many felt it had it all. Not too many ppl felt like it was compromise.
Same cant be said for the other Nexus's.
65. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Nexus One ... so sexy i bought it twice!!
2. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
every nexus is and was best for the time of their launch.....
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
I cast my vote to LG, the greatest all around Nexus!
4. omar98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
if only the nexus 4 had a 32 gb model if only....
38. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 886; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That was my favorite as well. I really like the form factor. Perfect size and shape for my pocket and the really liked the curved screen.
7. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
for each for its own year, the Galaxy nexus is the best... i am saying only for its year not among all !