White Samsung Galaxy S II coming to T-Mobile
Other than the fresh white paint job, the Galaxy S II sports the same specifications as the device currently offered by T-Mobile. It has a gorgeous 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display and is a powered by a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor and 1GB of RAM. Around the back of the smartphone is an 8 megapixel camera that can also record video in full 1080p HD. The front houses a 2 megapixel shooter to aid in all of your video chatting needs. On top of the Android Gingerbread platform is Samsung’s custom TouchWiz user interface.
The T-Mobile variation of the Galaxy S II took some heat because it doesn’t have the speedy Exynos processor under the hood that is featured on its Sprint and AT&T relatives, but it is still a terrific device nonetheless. Pricing and availability hasn’t yet been announced but T-Mobile said that it will arrive in time for the holidays. Check out the photo and tell us if a white version of the Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile interests you.
2. remixfa posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:02 5 2
some phones do look good in white. i like dark colors though... and chrome.. who doesnt like chrome. :)
49. ledbetterp3 posted on 23 Nov 2011, 00:15 0 0
Me too, some phones look good in white, but I prefer dark colors too, chrome is alright, but how about gun metal? That's the sort of the trim I have on my atrix 2, I love that colored metal!
4. ayephoner posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:03 7 0
it is. i wish more phones would launch in both black and white.
9. iamcc posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:15 2 2
Yeah I always thought the white iPhones were pretty sexy.
25. EclipseGSX posted on 22 Nov 2011, 13:57 1 1
agreed, also I dont really care for WP7 but something about the white HTC Radar is hawt. I do love my white EVO tho :) been searching for a cheap white 3D but no luck...
3. Sniggly posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:02 6 2
It certainly looks pretty. But you know what I want? A phone that has, like, frickin' flames on the back or something. Or maybe a bloodied up phone that looks like it's been through a zombie apocalypse.
7. ayephoner posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:07 6 2
snuggs, do you go to comic conventions? play wow? have a star trek costume? a cosplay body pillow? a desktop pc hooked up to 3 or more monitors?
15. remixfa posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:10 2 0
always reminds me of those 57 chevys all done up.
46. Sniggly posted on 22 Nov 2011, 23:11 1 0
Went to my first convention this year. It was fun, despite the fact that I didn't know how conventions work and was there for all of a half hour.
Wow is an evil addictive force to which I fortunately never succumbed.
No star trek costume. I dressed as a vampire hunter for Halloween, does that count?
No desktop. Just a laptop. The desktop wallpaper is currently of the Enterprise. The wallpaper on my Firefox browser is of the Serenity.
So yeah, I'm a nerd. Proud of it. :)
12. ZayZay posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:18 2 1
The flame thing makes me think of 3 things: 1. Guys in the Army 2. MMA fighters 3. The word "bro"
What do they all have in common?? Things I want nothing to do with.
The blood on the other hand would be kind of interesting because it reminds me of the show Dexter.
47. Sniggly posted on 22 Nov 2011, 23:12 0 0
I was actually thinking of old school heavy metal and hard rock when I suggested the flames. :)
50. ledbetterp3 posted on 23 Nov 2011, 00:16 0 0
Wtf is wrong with you, those are all cool things, bro...
6. ZayZay posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:06 1 0
Why are white phones so attractive? They look so smooth and Vanilla-e... I wish they would make different colored phones like a yellow one. If there was a yellow iphone I might consider thinking about purchasing one but then again, I would have to pay for all the music I download and apps... Nope can't do it! Sorry yellow iphone I can not purchase you.
(Just talking to myself in public again)
8. LewsTherin006 posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:12 3 0
color choice is good for customers, it gives them options. white actually doesnt look too bad on the GS2 either.
10. HTCiscool posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:16 6 1
It certainly looks better on this than on the iPhone 4S.
14. taco50 (banned) posted on 22 Nov 2011, 11:53 1 10
Just like the iPhone. I guess Samsung has not learned its lesson...
16. SleepingOz posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:11 7 0
Here comes the stupid itroll! Don't you have better things to do? Get a real life fcktard! and Samsung has been producing white phones even before your very first black iShit! Now GFY!
17. ivanko34 posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:15 6 0
Yes white phones exist since phones exist, but Apple put a patent on it
18. remixfa posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:18 6 0
yes, because apple is the only one on the planet allowed to have white phones.
and im sure lots of people look at a 4.52 inch super amoled+ SGS2 and confuse it with a 3.5 inch iphone.
19. taco50 (banned) posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:20 1 9
They do actually that's why it was banned and needed to rework touchwiz.
24. Jobes posted on 22 Nov 2011, 13:18 4 1
Have to be pretty stupid to confuse a 4.5 with a 3.5. Just sayin lol.
28. SlimSoulja86 posted on 22 Nov 2011, 14:54 2 0
taco wa bora hle!
21. LewsTherin006 posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:44 2 0
well at least it didnt take samsung a year to come out with a white phone.....
22. iamcc posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:59 6 0
For a little while there you were actually posting stuff that made sense...
Now we're back to your usual idiot self.
23. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 22 Nov 2011, 13:01 5 0
@ taco don't be mad cause you don't have free will
26. EclipseGSX posted on 22 Nov 2011, 14:01 5 0
Apple also learned for the 4S after the long delay of the White iPhone 4
27. xray174 posted on 22 Nov 2011, 14:38 4 1
u mad because the white iphone 4 was delay for almost a year lol
40. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 22 Nov 2011, 17:56 3 0
yeah and i guess now only apple can make white panty n bra. it will be called i-panty & i-bra. f.u. taco
29. rockstarlive posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:07 3 0
AT&T gonna have a white Galaxy SII skyrocket too.
33. Nathan posted on 22 Nov 2011, 16:34 3 0
@simplyj, on Samsung's and at&t's website, it says that the Skyrocket is part of the Galaxy S2 lineup. BTW, its also known as the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE. :P
37. networkdood posted on 22 Nov 2011, 17:28 2 0
On planet EARTH, the skyrocket phone is an SGS2 phone....
31. Nathan posted on 22 Nov 2011, 16:27 2 0
Why is there no article for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket in white???
32. gallitoking posted on 22 Nov 2011, 16:30 0 5
not surprise by this move... always following Apple leads.. if apple does the iphone in hot pink.. Chamsung will also get it in pink, Apple doesnt invent the colors.. but cant denied.. makes them popular on phones.. sure there were whites iphones before Apple.. but who remembers them.. other than geeks... so if you are a geeks... yes white phones exited before the iphone... we know that so shut up and come up with something worthy of my time.. again i wouldnt be available for comment so please leave your hating messages after the beep.......
34. SleepingOz posted on 22 Nov 2011, 17:09 5 0
You're actually contradicting yourself, like a pretty dumb retard, in your comments. You do know you're wrong and won't be able to assume what you said and cope with the future arguments, so you deserately try to turn 'em into hatred messages but you're the hater here! You must be a queer in real life, right?
" 17. gallitoking posted on 23 hours ago 2 4
people and geeks.. this is an Apple article... if you dont like to hear how CRAPPY Apple.. is.. well the door is wide open...
Same goes to you!
What are you doing here?
51. gallitoking posted on 23 Nov 2011, 00:22 0 2
is very simple... i dont cry about it.. i am a troll,,, I know the soft spots for fandroids and I exploited... and I dont need to call you names.. I have class.... but enough about me,,,, lets get back to ... you.... queer?... really is that the best you can come upp with?... really.... ok lets redo this one and come back with something better.... .....go!!!!
39. networkdood posted on 22 Nov 2011, 17:55 0 0
No one was hating really on the iphone, except maybe one comment - in regards to white iphone, it took them forever to do so. My wife does like her white iphone 4S...
44. blackrose posted on 22 Nov 2011, 21:32 2 0
I do believe there is a pink version of the sgs2 in samsung home town so apple would be copying samsung. By your logic
45. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 22 Nov 2011, 22:41 3 0
go n fuc* urself. oh sorry you cant do that without apple`s permission i guess
48. Sniggly posted on 22 Nov 2011, 23:15 0 0
I stopped reading when I realized you were dissing people for not being ignorant of history.
36. networkdood posted on 22 Nov 2011, 17:20 1 0
Funny, Android users bash Google or other Android companies when credit, or no credit is due...but you will not see many iphone lovers do the same towards their beloved phone....
42. henrickrw posted on 22 Nov 2011, 19:34 1 0
Nice.. Just sold my international version in black & purchase a brand new international version in white.... Nice change
43. fabiaguilafc posted on 22 Nov 2011, 19:59 0 0
At least with a white phone, it's harder to tell if someone jacked off on a phone!!