White Galaxy Nexus 16GB coming to Verizon on April 5th?
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2012, 10:44 posted on
It looks like Verizon is expecting 16GB versions of the Galaxy Nexus in white and the usual gray early next month, most likely with a drop in price...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Adianshadows (Posts: 66; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
In the beginning of the article you say the date is April 5th then continue to say March 5th... which is it?
On another note, throw a case on it and you won't even know it's white! This is just the 16GB varient with a color change IMO not worth it.....
3. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Agree! :p What's the fuss with the color variance anyway? Cases are available here and there.
5. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1471; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
not everyone likes cases and they never claimed its a special edition. Now the Google Edition one Google employees got was, people just want options even if its only black or white.
7. 14545 (Posts: 992; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Options like that are stupid and a waste. If it's that big of a deal get some hy gloss white rattle can spray and paint it. Problem solved. It's like Henry Ford once said, "Any customer can have a car(or in this case a phone) painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."
11. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1471; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hey if you want to spray paint your $500+ phone go ahead but most people don't. Why do they make cars and phones in other colors, styles and models? For VARIETY. No one wants the same thing exact thing as everyone else, wake up. Just because you don't like options doesn't mean its "stupid"
9. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
My bad, I was actually referring to covers not cases :p And Nexus covers of different colors are already available.
It's just that I have this feeling that some people clamor for a white version. Same thing with the iPhone. If it's the same price then it's fine but putting a premium just because it's white??? :p
And yeah I hate cases too, I prefer pouches. :p
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah, but some people don't like cases. My girlfriend wanted the white version but didn't want to wait so she bought the black one. She has two different cases but for an already large phone she doesn't like it any bigger...
Now that this is out I can just sell her phone and buy the white one. :)
8. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
It's April 5th. Some people really care about the color of their devices - look at the mythical proportions that news of the while iPhone 4 achieved while consumers waited for the better part of a year for it.
To some the expected price drop will be more important, if they can live with the reduced internal storage. Personally, I'd take the more expensive one with 32GB, but that's just me.
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Companies are releasing white versions like it's a special edition. I'd be surprised if they released a zebra or tiger inspired version lol :p
4. Adianshadows (Posts: 66; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
or a bedazzled varient!!! OR EVEN HELLO KITTY OMG!!!
10. shnibz (Posts: 153; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Damn I wish this came out sooner. I would love to have gotten a 16gig instead and saved $100....also as much as I love my phone and think its great the HTC hero silvery grey color is quite ugly.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Galaxy Nexus being in white does make it more appealing. o:
13. Sinaps (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
Once this phone goes for $0.01 on amazon, I am on it!
17. lilg29 (Posts: 75; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
What the F does this have to do with sprint, it obiously says verizon.
19. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Any one no where I can get them parts I'll make mine white