Which specs configuration do you prefer?
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2012, 01:19 posted on
Why don't we make a reference smartphone configuration featuring the new Snapdragon S4, as well as other top-notch components, and pit it against other popular configurations from the smartphone world...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
My choice would depend on "Price Comparison" also. It's more dependant on what i need and not what my neighbour has. That need has "Cost of fulfilling the need" as a major component.
28. jove39 (Posts: 1402; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
What's your point here? Config 1 for me!!!
29. alwysovrclokd (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Yeah LG needs a phone that will put them on the map. This one seems to be it! I do believe I will buy it. AS long as that 13mp camera is stout. My Nokia Lumia 900 was hitting all the right spots till I used the camera. It's a deal breaker. It has such a mediocre camera with poor response to low light and its an f 2.2!! the s3 has a f2.6 in it and still does better! GRR I can only assume its software. Anyways lets see what happens the 21st of next month. Not an ios fanboy but I cannot help but be curious.
31. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
it's very obvious and clear that the #1 is the most powerful...
32. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
It doesn't make sense to compare the current generation phone specs with the next generation ones!
33. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
who the hell will prefer configuration 2 and 3? Configuration 1 is better in all aspects!
34. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Sometimes, Ray, you make me wonder about you... Obviously 1 is better, but I'm confused, is that "sponsored by LG" thing at the top a joke or...?
50. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1233; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It's just some publicity for the newcomer LG Optimus G, it has that config
That's what the "sponsored by LG" stands for.
87. snowgator (Posts: 3345; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
No joke. Phone Arena has to pay the bills. At least they are being upfront. How many other sites slant things to sponsers and then just act all innocent?
35. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Obvious answer is obvious... Configuration 3 it is!
......Nah it's Config ONE!
40. modyt (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
2100mAh battery in configuration 1??? Improve that and you shall get many more votes...
43. Cesar (Posts: 137; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Samsung will create a new chips and GPU with better performance!
47. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Oh I see what you did there. It's like Pepsi-sponsored Coke Vs Pepsi blindfold test
48. Kriksis (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
I believe that the first one is one of the new W8 NOKIA extra pixels for touch buttons at the bottom of the screen, besides 13MP camera is definately NOKIA...
51. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 137; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
1. LG Optimus G
2. Samsung Galaxy S III
3. HTC One X
Yeah I wont get any prize for guessing the obvious ones.
55. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I thought #1 was the Xperia lT30. It does have a 2200 MAH according to rumors, it does use on screen buttons also, it does have a 13 MP camera and uses an S4 processor.
73. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 137; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
52. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Why does it seem like Confugiration 1 is the best and stands out among the three before i even voted???
59. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
This is obviously a No-Brainer Question. :p
60. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
by american standards, none of those phones are 3g. they all can go up to 21mb/s. The standard says anything over 14.4 mb/s is 4g. Thus the guide tries to pull you towards the "only 4g" option. Also, there is an SGS3 that has exynos and 2gb RAM so this chart is obviously cherry picking stats to make the pro set up look good.
Its a nice chip with the new Adreno 320 GPU, no need to fudge the chart to make it look nicer.
That being said, until we get real world commercial device benchmarks, I'll stick to the proven leader, which is the exynos/mali. I'll decide if I need to change my mind after we get commercial device benchmarks with the pro.
66. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Agree with you. Config 1 wins handsdown. If we need competition replace config 2 to exynos 5250 and config 3 to tegra 4 wayne series and lets do the poll again.
65. speckledapple (Posts: 886; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
This one is more obvious though I have a big problem with Config 1 and that is the seperate basehand chip. It is not integrated like the regular S4 and that could be a deal breaker regardless of the device its in. If we all remember the HTC Thunderbolt and a few other phones coming out that year with LTE had seperate basehand chips for LTE and this created huge lags on overall battery life performance.
67. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The 1st configuration looks like the specs of a possible WP8 device
82. redmd (Posts: 979; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Sponsored by LG? Come on release it already.
83. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
no TI OMAP processors? D:
well, that and/or exynos.
86. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i really dont like that only qualcomm make LTE chips.. coz in order for the s3 to make US debut was to change its processor to qualcomm's in order to run on LTE carriers!
i mean.. Tegra, Texas Instruments and Exynos and even ST Ericson are really great Chips... but their maket shares will be minimal since they still dont support LTE..
is LTE own by qualcomm?
84. innovativesurya (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jun 2011)
if i vote for config 2 or 3 , i must be either stupid or unaware of technology ... i guess config one either Sony or Lg , i aware that how xperia s performs which has snapdragon ( dual core ) ... in this case of S4 , no doubt will be mind blowing i guess ... though this post a Lg sponsored , i vote not for Lg , just for an amazing config ... and along with LTE , mean a lot ...
85. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont really get why qualcomm is the only one produce LTE chips! when will TEGRA, Exynos and Texas Instruments make one?
i hate monopoy player... need more competiton!
91. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Cong.1 i guess is lg optimus g.... Yeah we all know.!
92. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Cong.1 i guess is lg optimus g.... Yeah we all know.!
98. papss (unregistered)
The nitro was updated within an appropriate amount of time and is a much better UI on ICS than there last offering.
100. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 357; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
This decision was made for me by the Snapdragon.... which i love. at this point currently i would pretty much take anything with a Snapdragon over almost any other spec. i've heard Exynos is pretty awesome but i'm still stuck on the S4.
103. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The international SG3 and HOX (Configs. 2 and 3) are both capable of HSPA+ (4G) not just 3G as the poll implies.
Whatever, I would probably just wait for HTC (or Samsung) to top these specs before I would consider buying the LG LS970 "Eclipse" (Configuration 1).
Hopefully the Eclipse gives LG a good sales boost because it sure deserves it. At least if it's released before HTC and Samsung release phones that top this.