Which smartphone from the fall crop are you expecting the most?
- Which smartphone from the fall crop are you expecting the most?
594 votes (594 votes) The sixth generation iPhone
654 votes (654 votes) Samsung Galaxy Note 2
394 votes (394 votes) Sony Xperia TX
96 votes (96 votes) LG E/LS970 "Eclipse" (Snapdragon S4 Pro and Adreno 320 graphics)
335 votes (335 votes) HTC 6435 (S4 Pro and Adreno 320)
512 votes (512 votes) Nokia Phi
108 votes (108 votes) Samsung "Odyssey" WP8 flagship
3. steelicon (Posts: 313; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G is a tablet and a phone.
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1057; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Ony that the article refers to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, with is a phablet, not a tablet.
And on the same note: the HTC 6435 is probably a tablet, not a phone... I guess that's why it's not getting much votes.
47. KParks23 (Posts: 462; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
The htc is definitely a phone htc would not make a tablet and give it a phone model number if u did any research u would of found that out the tbolt is 6400 and I think the Rezound is 6430 or sumn so this is next in line.... It's people like you posting misinformation causing the confusion in the first place!
52. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1057; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I just said "probably", and we´ll see that when it comes out. I still doubt they´ll create a pone with 1920x1080 resolution. What screen size would they use for it?
It does not make really sense to have it for screens under 7 inches wich already gives a 314 dpi. And 7 inches is alredy a tablet.
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i'm excited for the iPhone, Next Nokia Flagship and the Next Nexus...
Galaxy Note II... maybe. but i already got sick of waiting for updates so I think those three I've mentioned above will do. depends on what they present me.
31. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i'm still expecting something big this November (5), Android's (5)th Anniversary... some say (5) Nexi will be released, and it's the (5)th Nexus to be released too, not counting the Q... and who knows, it might bring Android (5) Key Lime Pie.
The Nexus Five Conspiracy!
46. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"nexus phone = next year"
Hoping that's not true. :(
8. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1057; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Nexus phones won't come till October. One and a half to two months later than the bunch that will be announced end of this month.
I guesll there will be a poll jus for them.
18. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Those anticipating/expecting the next NEXUS!!!
THUMBS UP: if you think shoulda been on the list
THUMBS DOWN: if you dont care
9. snowgator (Posts: 3289; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I expect to back the smallest group and am pumped for Samsungs Odyssey. Love my Focus S and it has sung like an Opera star since I got it. Will be happy to give Nokia a chance to earn my cash as well. (Noticed PA left off HTC's flagship WP 8 off the list.)
On Android side I am really excited to see what Sony pumps out. I think they could easily become an Android sensation. I expect excellent hardware, leaving their UI as the X factor. Also interested to see if the Note 2 is as much of a monster success as the first one was (pun, of course, completely intended).
Hope iPhone is something good. Apple needs to challenge itself and take a risk.
11. dudeyoureabarista (Posts: 16; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
In my fully honest opinion I think the Apple IPhone will get the most sales. I would choose the Galaxy Note in a heartbeat,but like usual there are so many apple fans out there and if they bring a 4 inch display, apple users would be like "How did I live with this small display?!" and buy that instantly. However, I think the iPhone will only do good in sales but the hardware department probably not so much.
12. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Excited for the Sony Xperia TX, Samsung "Odyssey" and the Galaxy note 2 :D
hehe gonna be a nice holiday season this year so many new devices coming out
13. athos07m (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
No Galaxy Nexus 2, and no Motorola Razr MAXX HD? What good is this poll this way?
19. cybervlad81 (Posts: 84; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)
Those sound much nicer than anything up there... lets hope for those soon. Of what is up there the note 2 sounds best. I really hope for a vzw version of the Note though, then I could get work to order me one to play with.
21. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Technically Nexus comes out in verrrrrrrrry early Winter
15. sharique (Posts: 8; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I am waiting for xperia TX and the anticipation is similar to that of iPhone and note 2 so quite excited of what Sony can do! :D
26. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
This will be a war of epic proportions. My wife and I have our contracts ending in November. Let's see who proves the best bang for buck to grab our vote.
27. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
To be honest i'm waiting for the 6th generation iPhone, you may call me iShe*p, apple fanboy etc, but in reality i'm not
28. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
As a person who's eyes are no longer young, the only one that even comes close to interesting me is the Note 2.
It has simmered for a year and the updates look good. As for the rest, the smaller the screen, the less likely they are to actually be usable. That simple.
However, I will be waiting until it actually has Jelly Bean ready for the Note 2 before I buy. No point waiting through ICS when it will not do a few of the things I want. I'll wait, just to be sure. That will also assure me of a decent selection fo accessories by the time I am ready to buy.
29. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Wow thats the first good reason i have ever read to buy a galaxy note: poor eyesight. I too have this condition but would never buy something that cant fit in my pocket.
32. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Since there is no Razr/Maxx HD or next Nexus on the poll, I went with the Galaxy Note 2. The Note is still a nice phone, but the S3 makes it look embarrassingly aged.
33. remixfa (Posts: 14148; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I picked the Note 2 for the same reason. It was the best of the choices available. On the off chance that it pops out with the A15 exynos 5 dual, it would be up on my list. The size is still a turn off though.
They really missed a big possible answer with the next Nexus since supposedly we will see multiple nexus phones from different manufacturers this time. That would have been my actual pick.
34. remixfa (Posts: 14148; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
waiting for next nexus or A15... or hopefully both in 1 package. :)
35. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
I hope the Sony Xperia TX and the new Google Nexus comes out when fall arrives
36. w595vsgamit (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i m waiting for all !!
then choose the best
37. Aeires (unregistered)
One that isn't listed: either an updated Asus Padfone, or one of the new Nexus lines in the pipeline. While you can't put those in a chart, you could have given an option like: phone soon to be released.
39. midnight_marauder (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
I couldn't vote twice, but I can't wait for the S Note II and the Xperia TX. I voted for the TX. I like sony products, just usually slow on the updates.
40. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Xperia TX. Gonna be a huge innovation if it packs a big battery inside a small sexy body. Not to mention the camera quality and the processor.
41. Captain_Doug (Posts: 790; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Still holding on to the hope that the Huawei Ascend D Quad XL actually exists.
42. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I just want a 4.3 inch top speced xperia phone (not xperia s though) or the HTC One S with updated version of sense 4.1 :(
43. beelzebug07 (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Waiting for the next nexus and the htc 6435... It would be difficult to choose between these two...
44. fistigons (Posts: 263; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus 2 would be wonderful, but we haven't heard any rumors about it. Yet. When did we start hearing rumors about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus 1?
45. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
cant wait for that nokia baby windows 8 then getting the surface its a good year for me.
48. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
WP8 with Pureview for me... i mean come on people... android still looks the same and just change some specs and sizes... but it is still android!!! aren't you contented of having S3 with you??
nokia WP8 with pureview tech for me!!! and i wonder where's BB10? oh i forgot its only gadgets that will come out on holiday... but still wait for BB10!!! but for now WP8 and the next iPhone for me... and sony xperia!!!
50. D3VR04 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
Please dear god let the galaxy note II be super amoled PLUS! Why is Samsung forsaking the Plus? galaxy nexus -no Plus, galaxy note -no Plus, galaxy s III -no Plus.
Here's hoping for a Super AMOLED Plus on the Galaxy Note II.
51. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
lmfao... apart from a few fanboys, I doubt very much anyone is waiting for the note 2
53. Montrose (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
I've been an avid Iphone user since the very first one hit the market and really love my Iphone 4. My current contract is up in November and am seriously considering a windows phone 8. When the GS3 came out I thought that would be my new phone until I actually held one in my hand. I just can't get past the cheap plastic feel to it. I like the Nokia 900 but am going to wait til WP8 hits the market and just maybe I'll leave the Apple fold. I've already sold my Ipad2 and am ready to go all in for microsoft.