Which platform crashes more, Android or iOS?
0. phoneArena 03 Feb 2012, 00:03 posted on
Mobile app monitoring company Crittercism found that between December 1st through the 15th, 23 different iOS operating systems and 33 operating systems crashed with the largest proportion coming from iOS 5.1 with 28.64% of the overall number of crashes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
46. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You mean the freezing and lag that a lot of *low end* Android phones have? You know, the ones with 600-800 MHz processors? Maybe 512 megs of RAM if they're lucky? Almost zero internal memory?
Yeah, some Android phones are crappy. But not even close to all of them are.
Btw, where do you get off commenting on Android's behavior? You owned one model that glitched out on you; hell, we don't even know what you did to it. You've never shown yourself to be particularly intelligent; your unironic devotion to pro wrestling is just one key indicator of this. You probably did something to f**k your phone up, didn't you?
Also, do you know how often I get comments from older iPhone users about how laggy and glitchy their phones get?
78. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
I have an iPhone 3G... +1 to laggy and glitchy.
82. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
we all know he got the Samsung Gem
and he still thinks The Rock is "cooking something"
102. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Oh look, Squiggly commenting on my pro wrestling name again. Actually, I never said I owned one Android phone. I said I owned a Droid. I never said that was my own phone, but good job on trying to backpedal with an excuse for Android's poor stability. i get off commenting on it because I can, just like you do, and there's nothing you can do about it so get over it and stop complaining every time I do.
Btw, to the geniuses thumbing my comments down, please continue to do so. You're not hurting my feelings.
106. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if you don't care then why say anything at all? :P
123. tedkord (Posts: 11890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Time for a new pair of tap shoes. Yours are all worn out from dancing around this story.
165. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
iFans have excuses all the way.. they start comparing $200-300 android devices with $600-700 iPhones all the time & have no other argument than lag (which is non-existent on Android 4.0+).
I have never faced any lag on Nexus devices.....
45. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
My android gets 4 hours of battery life when surfing the net.
47. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yep. Your Android is also the Triumph, a phone notorious for its s**tty battery life.
Also, the battery dying faster when you do something that requires heavy resources AND a near constant connection to towers? Kind of a no brainer.
103. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Like the Thunderbolt? Razr? Rezound? Galaxy Nexus? I can think of many with piss poor battery life.
121. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
All of them 4G phones with nearly double the data speed ;)
126. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
with the CDMA/LTE models over 10 times as fast. ;D
128. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
And lets not forget the bigger screens that make playing, reading, typing and surfing really enjoyable and the packed extra ram to store more apps in multi task . Yeah the horror the bloody horror :p
130. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not to mention slimmer form factors even with these hungry 4G radios. :P
124. tedkord (Posts: 11890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, true. However, if we were to underclock the processor by 20%, allow only one app in memory at a time, disable the 4g radios (and lose that awesome speed) and remove all real-time widgets, we'd have much better battery life, too.
138. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You CLEARLY have never used a RAZR or Rezound.
152. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
so what if they have poor battery life? the iPhone isn't any better. and btw when was the last time you heard an android phone exploding due to over charging? or the battery of an android phone randomly catching fire? hmmm.... NEVER. can't say the same about the iPhone tho
157. BattleBrat (Posts: 1475; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My RAZR gets 2-3 days battery life and i proved it, the 4s cant even idle for two days, so off with you and your lies!!
158. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I have a Razr and even though I use GO Launcher there's no way I could get 2-3 days without turning the brightness to 0, turning LTE and background data off and never use it IF that even gets me into a 3rd day. mine even says 7 more hours on the little battery page you have so much faith in and it's at 15%. I know this thing would die in another hour and a half TOPS with my kind of usage.
159. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and btw I'm REALLY missing my keyboard. as much as I like this phone there's a pretty good chance I'll decide to trade it for a Droid 4.
160. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you will get over the keyboard eventually. it takes a little while. once you do you will never go back. no worries.
bout to post some pix of my current battery state. :)
161. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
163. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I can't access the photo. besides it's those battery state pages I say are full of s**t. :P
162. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I type well enough with the on-screen even though i do have little qualms like the letter "I" always being capitalized but like you said I'll probably get over those kinds of things. the phone's disadvantages to not having a keyboard is 1. when I type in Landscape it covers up most of the screen which I knew about before hand but using this Razr all the time is reminding me why having a keyboard was such a good thing in the first place. 2. when typing in these kinds of text fields if you ever move the blinky word spawning thing I don't know the name of it's nearly impossible to get it where you want it. that's not just the case with this keyboard however in fact Motorola's Multi touch keyboard is the best on-screen keyboard I've used followed by Thumb Keyboard and Samsung's Keyboard which means I don't want to have to use a third party keyboard with arrow keys because the thingy is being dumb. keyboards are definitely ftw.
51. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Quit streaming porn! :)
Aww, com'on. That was funny!
67. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
miz probably got dropped on the concrete wrestling behind the scenes or something and thats why he likes ios is cause hes to brain damaged to use android ^_^
153. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your android is crap. my SGS1 is going on 20 hrs without a charge and is at 85%.
156. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I don't get how you guys are getting this kind of battery life. :P