Which platform crashes more, Android or iOS?
0. phoneArena 03 Feb 2012, 00:03 posted on
Mobile app monitoring company Crittercism found that between December 1st through the 15th, 23 different iOS operating systems and 33 operating systems crashed with the largest proportion coming from iOS 5.1 with 28.64% of the overall number of crashes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
42. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's the same type of question like which country has more cell phone users -- mainland China or Germany? The obvious answer is mainland China due to its large population.
So when asked which OS crashes more, the obvious answer is iOS -- same logic. Android devices tend to have larger screens, 4G, and crappy battery life so it make sense iOS devices will crash more often -- the iOS have more run time.
Now if the question was relative in nature like which OS crashes when up and running ... again, this is obvious.
71. tedkord (Posts: 7565; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Wow, iRationalizing at it's finest. The Force (close) is strong with this one.
101. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
WOW, that might very well be the dumbest comment I have ever read on any site on the entire friggin INTERNET...
You, sir, deserve a medal!
116. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
what a genius!!!!!
dont get too happy i'm being sarcastic, u dumb@ss!!!
131. maier9900 (Posts: 272; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
Good point... and if they did an operating system analysis of the the both iOS and android crashes, android will lose big time... i owned both before just to see how they satisfy my needs and android phones crash most of the time, you will need to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work again. if this was a case for iPhones.. nobody would own any iPhone because they wouldn't be able to take the battery out.
Common sense. wtf..
137. jroc74 (Posts: 5586; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
That makes absolutely no sense. I do know one thing... fanboys of Apple and their products can find an excuse for damn near anything negative about Apple or iDevices...
146. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
really.. ardent... really?
so, not only do you think iOS is more secure and less buggy, but it crashes more because there are more phones out there?????
dude, pay attention to reality. iOS is less secure, and more buggy. There are LESS iOS devices out there than Android devices and its crashing MORE. give it a rest.
166. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Now who will trust it
Samsung apps crashes more than iOS
136. jroc74 (Posts: 5586; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This comment has me lol at my computer screen!!
81. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
harharharharhar! (couldnt help it)
85. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
SOOO SWEETT ! GREAT FRIDAY FOR ME SOO FAR! GOT MY TAX RETURN THIS MORNiNG, WERE NOT BUSY, AND NOW THIS! GREAT!!!!
115. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
u got ur income tax return??? damn.. i got an email from irs saying its gonna b late.. when did u apply for it?
3. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Well... that's interesting news. Would love to see the fanboy battle. The field has been chosen it is only a matter of time for the great war to begin.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I can't wait to see all of the iApologists weigh in. I wonder what approach they will pursue? Attack the report author as biased? Challenge the data sample? Or?
5. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
I bet most of the crashes are from iPod touch 4gs on 5.0.1. It's incredible how bad that update has messed up mine (and many other people's on apples support page). Apps crash like crazy :/
9. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1486; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
second it , my ipod touch is near its end
44. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I did not install Infinity Blade 2 on my ipod touch 4G -- after playing IB 1 on my iPad2, it was clear the itouch was struggling to keep up with the game.
I also had problems with 5.01 on my itouch, however, I really like 5.0.1.
50. TechnoTechyes (Posts: 63; Member since: 24 Jan 2011)
Pretty much they do say that 5.0.1 is the big problem for Apple.
120. shimmyx20 (Posts: 280; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I swapped mine out at an Apple store, and the new one seems to be working for now. As soon as the next iPad comes out though, I'm selling the iPod.
6. pongkie (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
android for me... experiencing right now auto reboots even no apps are running >
43. smartphonelover (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
If you installed a task manager that could be why. My GS2 was doing auto reboots at random. But after uninstalling the task manager I had it hasn't auto rebooted since. At least as far as I can remember.
7. abdane (Posts: 490; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I LOVE THIS TOPIC ! :D ANDROID ALL THE WAY ! ^_^
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
What was that about Android apps being unstable and force closing all the time...?
This is going to be so much fun.
24. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
To clarify, so that I am not misunderstood: I am commenting on iFanboys' tendency to fall back on tired old jokes like "Android is great, but-FORCE CLOSE! LOLBBQ" and think they're being clever.
However, this study seems to indicate that they don't have so much to laugh about after all.
40. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Oh you mean how Android phones sometimes reboot themselves? Or what about the freezing and lag a lot of Android phones tend to have?
46. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You mean the freezing and lag that a lot of *low end* Android phones have? You know, the ones with 600-800 MHz processors? Maybe 512 megs of RAM if they're lucky? Almost zero internal memory?
Yeah, some Android phones are crappy. But not even close to all of them are.
Btw, where do you get off commenting on Android's behavior? You owned one model that glitched out on you; hell, we don't even know what you did to it. You've never shown yourself to be particularly intelligent; your unironic devotion to pro wrestling is just one key indicator of this. You probably did something to f**k your phone up, didn't you?
Also, do you know how often I get comments from older iPhone users about how laggy and glitchy their phones get?
78. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
I have an iPhone 3G... +1 to laggy and glitchy.
82. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
we all know he got the Samsung Gem
and he still thinks The Rock is "cooking something"
102. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Oh look, Squiggly commenting on my pro wrestling name again. Actually, I never said I owned one Android phone. I said I owned a Droid. I never said that was my own phone, but good job on trying to backpedal with an excuse for Android's poor stability. i get off commenting on it because I can, just like you do, and there's nothing you can do about it so get over it and stop complaining every time I do.
Btw, to the geniuses thumbing my comments down, please continue to do so. You're not hurting my feelings.
106. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if you don't care then why say anything at all? :P
123. tedkord (Posts: 7565; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Time for a new pair of tap shoes. Yours are all worn out from dancing around this story.
165. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 746; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
iFans have excuses all the way.. they start comparing $200-300 android devices with $600-700 iPhones all the time & have no other argument than lag (which is non-existent on Android 4.0+).
I have never faced any lag on Nexus devices.....
45. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
My android gets 4 hours of battery life when surfing the net.
47. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yep. Your Android is also the Triumph, a phone notorious for its s**tty battery life.
Also, the battery dying faster when you do something that requires heavy resources AND a near constant connection to towers? Kind of a no brainer.
103. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Like the Thunderbolt? Razr? Rezound? Galaxy Nexus? I can think of many with piss poor battery life.
121. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
All of them 4G phones with nearly double the data speed ;)
126. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
with the CDMA/LTE models over 10 times as fast. ;D
128. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
And lets not forget the bigger screens that make playing, reading, typing and surfing really enjoyable and the packed extra ram to store more apps in multi task . Yeah the horror the bloody horror :p
130. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not to mention slimmer form factors even with these hungry 4G radios. :P
124. tedkord (Posts: 7565; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, true. However, if we were to underclock the processor by 20%, allow only one app in memory at a time, disable the 4g radios (and lose that awesome speed) and remove all real-time widgets, we'd have much better battery life, too.
138. jroc74 (Posts: 5586; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You CLEARLY have never used a RAZR or Rezound.
152. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
so what if they have poor battery life? the iPhone isn't any better. and btw when was the last time you heard an android phone exploding due to over charging? or the battery of an android phone randomly catching fire? hmmm.... NEVER. can't say the same about the iPhone tho
157. BattleBrat (Posts: 1282; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My RAZR gets 2-3 days battery life and i proved it, the 4s cant even idle for two days, so off with you and your lies!!
158. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I have a Razr and even though I use GO Launcher there's no way I could get 2-3 days without turning the brightness to 0, turning LTE and background data off and never use it IF that even gets me into a 3rd day. mine even says 7 more hours on the little battery page you have so much faith in and it's at 15%. I know this thing would die in another hour and a half TOPS with my kind of usage.
159. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and btw I'm REALLY missing my keyboard. as much as I like this phone there's a pretty good chance I'll decide to trade it for a Droid 4.
160. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you will get over the keyboard eventually. it takes a little while. once you do you will never go back. no worries.
bout to post some pix of my current battery state. :)
161. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
163. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I can't access the photo. besides it's those battery state pages I say are full of s**t. :P
162. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I type well enough with the on-screen even though i do have little qualms like the letter "I" always being capitalized but like you said I'll probably get over those kinds of things. the phone's disadvantages to not having a keyboard is 1. when I type in Landscape it covers up most of the screen which I knew about before hand but using this Razr all the time is reminding me why having a keyboard was such a good thing in the first place. 2. when typing in these kinds of text fields if you ever move the blinky word spawning thing I don't know the name of it's nearly impossible to get it where you want it. that's not just the case with this keyboard however in fact Motorola's Multi touch keyboard is the best on-screen keyboard I've used followed by Thumb Keyboard and Samsung's Keyboard which means I don't want to have to use a third party keyboard with arrow keys because the thingy is being dumb. keyboards are definitely ftw.
51. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Quit streaming porn! :)
Aww, com'on. That was funny!
67. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
miz probably got dropped on the concrete wrestling behind the scenes or something and thats why he likes ios is cause hes to brain damaged to use android ^_^
153. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your android is crap. my SGS1 is going on 20 hrs without a charge and is at 85%.
156. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I don't get how you guys are getting this kind of battery life. :P