Which phone has the best battery life? Galaxy S4 vs Xperia Z vs HTC One vs iPhone 5 infographic
0. phoneArena 08 Jul 2013, 02:51 posted on
Despite Samsung's recent share price woes, the Galaxy S4 consistently proves that it might not take your heart with design and new features, but it is a very, very balanced smartphone, consistently scoring at the top of camera and now battery tests. It was also a fast charger, though the iPhone 5 took the cake in the charging speed category. There are no phablets in the infographic, but the testers say that if there were, the Note II with its huge battery unit had shown to beat them all in its turn...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hateftotti (Posts: 194; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Actually I read this article 20 days ago!!!
But it is not bad to remind haters S4 is the king :)
4. tech2 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yes for now ! Later it'll be replaced by Note 3 :P
11. pyradark (Posts: 827; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
If Note 3 has the "WOW" factor, then grab the crown, coz they deserve but if "NOT" hahahaha I feel sorry for sammy
12. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 985; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Samsung have plenty cash in the bank, loads of other lucrative businesses, a great amount of control in hardware production etc.... Don't feel sorry for them, they'll be perfectly fine ;) rather feel sorry for companies like Sony, Nokia, Htc etc... Who barely make any money. Even Sony's CEO said they don't have much money, feel sorry for them.
21. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you should feel sorry for yourself as you give them your or your parents cash.
23. pyradark (Posts: 827; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Well, they have billions but they dont used it to make premium phone like their laptop, i starting to feel sorry for sammy as they are starting to lose money once the note 3 is an epic fail
28. Potao.rises (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
On GSM Arena HTC One topped the chart with longest internet browsing time followed by iPhone.
So haters are probably laughing.
3. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 985; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
No surprises here, GS4 is the benchmark for 2013 flagships in almost every area and has proven over and over again why Samsung are the No. 1 Phone and Smartphone manufacturer, despite all the haters.
Thoroughly enjoying my S4. :)
14. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
What would have happened to Samsung if Nokia made android?
16. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 985; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
They'd probably lose a few customers, nothing major. Nokia would probably become the No.2 Android maker after Samsung.
19. katuss (Posts: 11; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
actually bro most of the Samsung users are X Nokia users so i think Nokia would have dominated it they had joined Android from the begining anyhow we can never know
17. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1171; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
no one can predict the future, if nokia joins android and shows off their hardware, other companies will step up aswell especially samsung who has billions to spare.
5. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Hmm, Seems to match the mAh of their batteries pretty closely.
The Nexus doing better than the HTC One due to lower drain components.
The Lumia 920 is an anomaly, it drains like crazy even though 2000 mAh seems respectable for its display and specs. I wonder if Windows Phone 8 is power inefficient...
6. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
260 minutes for iphone internet ??? seems legit.. Im very sorry for the source(which.co.uk) because its obviously an advertising infographic with wrong data.
iphone 5 LTE battery is over 480 minuts and for wifi its above 10 hours.. same for HTC one.. ONE has more than 9-10 hours of battery life for wifi.. and more than 7 hours for LTE
8. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Thought something was fishy with those charts.
10. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
yep. 2 truth and one lie in between.. the classic strategy to conceal a lie..
seriously its a shame for a journalist to post such a wrong data. people can go to websites like anandtech.com or engadget or gsmarena .. or whatever to see that iphone and ONE are the best smartphones in terms of internet battery life..
my problem is their numbers.. seriously!! 260 minutes??? only 4 hours for iphone??? the industry standard for internet browsing battery life for both wifi and LTE??
15. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Just cross checked and Phonearena needs to pull down this article!
The iPhone 5's battery performs considerably better here:
And these readings don't match those with GSM Arena's:
31. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
These articles don't measure the same thing. The laptopmag article measures web browsing on LTE which is different than on 3G. The PhoneArena article uses 3G. The GSMArena article does not mention what type of connectivity (3G/LTE/WiFi).
The talk time as measured by GSMArena is 522 minutes. That is close to the PhoneArena article which is 499 minutes. Also, the phones that are compared are not the same save for the iPhone.
32. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Since LTE is supposed to drain more power, the 3G should provide higher battery runtime. Which still means the results here seem to be skewed.
18. katuss (Posts: 11; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
it depends on the connection strenth so it may be true
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The S4 winning like a boss, and that WITHOUT video playback time, which is AMOLED territory.
13. roldxx (Posts: 50; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
charging time is a function of the charger -_-
22. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
So now youre talking bout the Xperia z pa? GS 3 actually have the biggest battery. Xperia z 2nd as always HTC battery sucks in last place
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The GS3 has a bigger battery... Have you not seen the battery capacity of the S4 or One yet?
25. horsecock (unregistered)
29. jphillips63 (Posts: 218; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Where is the Motorola razr maxx HD in this mix? I just love how PA is so biased when it comes to brands.
30. romeo1 (Posts: 706; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
what are the buildnrs are as my xperia z does allot better with brightness to the max.
Also the apps that are installed could make a difference.
The s4 of my brother only reaches a day of normal usage (around 2hr calling 1,5hr internet with wifi 1hr internet 3g brightness 50%) i reach almost 1,5 days with the same usage + bluetooth a2dp arround 2hrs
33. handicrapguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
These tests seem fairly accurate based on my experience. My friends use a lot of the other phones tested and none of them can really match my Galaxy S4. It will be interesting to see how much my S4 battery life improves once my 3500mah battery arrives.
35. Goodtimetoner (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Apr 2008)
Droid Razr Maxx HD ! Not even a worthy mention !
37. Goodtimetoner (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Apr 2008)
Note 3 is really decent, You cant forget the DROID MAXX though.... best i have seen so far