Which phone feature do you use the most?
With such kind of power, though... comes great responsibility! Scratch that. We meant that with such kind of power, we can do tons of stuff with our phones - from simple voice calls, to video calls, playing games, watching (YouTube) video, exchange emails, use social networks like Facebook and Twitter, read and edit documents, browse the web... you name it!
It is obvious that with so much new features being introduced every year, the way we use our handsets will constantly evolve. If we look at what people's usage was about 10 years ago, we'll find that it consisted mostly of voice calling and text messaging (and of course, Reversi and Snake!). Once smartphones started to come into their own, though, people began using them for more advanced stuff like web browsing, document editing and photography. And today, we have these powerhouses that can do almost anything that your computer can do, with the added inconvenience of the smaller screen.
With all that said, we think it'll be very interesting to see what those usage patterns look like today. Below you'll find three polls, where you can vote for the first, second and third most frequent activities that you do on your cell phones.
- Which phone feature do you use most?
289 votes (289 votes) Voice calls
420 votes (420 votes) Texting
510 votes (510 votes) Internet browsing
101 votes (101 votes) Games
24 votes (24 votes) Video
125 votes (125 votes) Social networks
151 votes (151 votes) Music
65 votes (65 votes) Camera
- Which is the second phone feature that you use most?
219 votes (219 votes) Voice calls
324 votes (324 votes) Texting
416 votes (416 votes) Internet browsing
157 votes (157 votes) Games
50 votes (50 votes) Video
170 votes (170 votes) Social networks
182 votes (182 votes) Music
111 votes (111 votes) Camera
- Which is the the third phone feature that you use most?
194 votes (194 votes) Voice calls
180 votes (180 votes) Texting
264 votes (264 votes) Internet browsing
236 votes (236 votes) Games
59 votes (59 votes) Video
183 votes (183 votes) Social networks
255 votes (255 votes) Music
232 votes (232 votes) Camera
43. -box- (Posts: 3760; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Screen (haha) > Internet/Social networks > Music > Games > Texting > Camera > Voice Calls
2. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Music ~ Gaming ~ Internet Browsing
I don't text that often hahaha...
16. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
wow, you just don't need a phone. No basic phone capabilities in your needs?
20. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Well I don't have anyone out of reach that I'd need to text them to communicate. Most of my contacts are neighbors hahahaha. I'm also on prepaid so I save the load for really important messages and not for chats, there are social networks for that.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5566; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Texting, Social Networking & Music were mine.
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3962; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Texting > Internet browsing > Social Networks
6. Captain_Doug (Posts: 750; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
internet browsing, texting, social media. Although by social media I mean my Twitter feed which consists of all tech news. Not exactly social but Twitter is weird like that.
7. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Yeah yeah, guess what?? recharging is what people do most often LOL!
34. JGuinan007 (Posts: 632; Member since: 19 May 2011)
+1 Ray and I agree WOW! It's a phone 1st although mines a phablet but this is how it was ment to be used
10. Phullofphil (Posts: 800; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I use google search and maps a lot but it's not an option
14. TylerGrunter (Posts: 897; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I'm missing maps and/or navigation too. But for google search you can consider "Internet browsing"
11. Odeira (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Social networking -> Internet -> Music.
I don't get many texts and calls.
12. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Web Browsing > Gaming > Social Networks
13. kylehudsons (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
social network covers texting... lol....
21. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
3. internet (mostly e-mails)
22. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Web browsing > Social Networking > Music.
23. shuaibhere (Posts: 1306; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This poll contains iphone like stuff(lol).....
I use to do many other things in ma phone.....
25. pankajgupta (Posts: 59; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Gaming -> Calling -> Internet Browsing
A new user so may be later, the order would be reversed :P
28. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'm a huge gamer, so having an Android device with emulators is a must for me. Misc browsing is a nice thing too. Definitely makes work go by faster. Texting is a must for my wife, friends, and family. We're always so busy it's hard to accept a phone call some times, so a quick, "Hey, you want to grab some lunch and hang out tomorrow?" is a nice solution.
Also, it looks like someone just went down the line and down thumbed the first like 10 people. So thumbs up for EVERYONE!
29. Jyakotu (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Texting, music, camera. But I do talk on my phone frequently because, sometimes, a nice conversation via voice is more intimate than text messaging.
31. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Social > Browsing > Gaming
Social Network to me replaced the need to call and text...
32. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Amazing to see that voice calls don't even make it to 20%!!
Do we still have to call it a phone?? lol!!
33. s3_owner (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
music(everyday)>gaming(when new ones come)>browsing(only on the move)
37. Miquel_1987 (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Music-Browsing-Social networks. thats me :)
40. Stuntman (Posts: 711; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Same for me. Music is #1 because whenever I use my car, my phone automatically connects to my car's BT audio and plays my music. I'm in my car for at least an hour every day, and maybe more.
38. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Internet/email > Texting > Calls = Social Network > Camera > Games
39. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Internet browsing(actually tethering, but web browsing was the closest.) -->texting-->voice calling
41. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
the trolls have been quiet for a long time now, where are gallito, eaxvac (havent seen him since apple was innovative) taco, Lucas77 (or somthing like that), and the guy with the dead inside avatar. its been peaceful lately...
42. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
OMG PhoneArena put an edit button next to my comment! EVO3DLUTION
44. nadar.bsm (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
voice call -- texting -- internet browsing