Which phablet would you get: Lumia 1520, One max, Galaxy Note 3, or Xperia Z Ultra?
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 04:44 posted on
Nokia, which is still struggling to regain its foothold on the smartphone market, has now decided to challenge Samsung, HTC, Sony and other manufacturers with a new premium phablet - the Lumia 1520...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
lol... PA had forgot abt the Ultra in a hurry
Note 3 as it gives something extra to make use of the obscenely big screen...unlike others
70. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I think they should also add Lumia 1320.
It may not be the best in specs wise but its definitely more affordable than all the listed ones, hence more people will be able to buy it.
73. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Lol it is not the most affordable. The 1520 is $750 off contract.
75. HASHTAG (unregistered)
@Shatter he was talking about the 1320, not the 1520.
93. akki20892 (Posts: 3810; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
1520 will lead this poll......i bet yea
2. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
hahaha!! I Love Phonearena
you include Z Ultra
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They took down the original poll and added the ZU.
14. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Im complaining and trolling
thats why they added it
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I mean it's great they added the ZU, but no one wants it anymore. It's all about the Note 3 and 1520.
25. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I think papa said ZU is close to Nexus 7 :p
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It almost shares the same dimensions as the Nexus 7, therefore I consider it a tablet.
35. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
if people dont want cheap build up or WP8 OS
they can go either ZU for build quality
or One Max for Speaker.
i guess in US is all about sammy & apple
but outside both major comapny market share are starting to shrink
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Samsung dominates in world market share lol. Note 3 has the best of everything.
42. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Note 3 has Android Apps + Stylus, but it's rear camera pales in comparsion to the Nokia 1520, as does it's audio and video recording abilities (1520 has optical stabilization, a huge advantage). 1520 battery life is also better.
The 1520 has built-in wireless Qi charging, and WP8 OS will run faster and smoother than any device with similiar hardware specs using Android. Also, 1520 touch screen can be used with gloves on...
Nokia's going out with a bang, and this device proves the company still had something left in the tank ;o)
80. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
What are you basing that on, that WP is faster than android. I think you should visit the little hospital called xda and then go back to your WP and you will see how it lags. I have tried WP several times, even two of my friends have it and it is lagging just like every other OS out there, it is by no means smooth. Smooth means that under almost no circumstances the OS should lag but as we can see, that is not the case of any mobile OS.
Also using screen with gloves on is not a new technology, I can operate my SGS1 with gloves on, with a knife, with a fork.
Nokia should have focused on making normal phones under 5 inch territory, above 5,5 inches is according to me a tablet. There is much bigger market for phones that are smaller than ¨phablets¨.
Also how exactly do you know that 1520 has a better battery life?
And Note III has a mature OS while 1520 does not, and that decides everything, doesn´t it?!
This phone (1520) is by no means worldchanging, sure it probably will have the best recorded audio but nothing else is new that we haven´t seen before, no sapphire glass on the front, no new chassi, no holo-projector from Star Wars :)) (this was a joke, for those who didn´t get it). Sure it might be great, but Nokia is just trying to catch up with android phones, but that is it.
68. rd_nest (Posts: 1306; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
There's Note 3, and there are other regular phones/phablets. Not even a comparison.
86. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The 1520 might take it here, because this site is/has always been full of nokia fanboys.
But the sales will talk by themselves. And the comparisons too.. But then again, fanboys are going to call them biased.
88. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Note 3 for making fried eggs too!! if you know what i mean *wink*
5. AnTuTu (Posts: 1525; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Note 3 > Lumia 1520 > HTC One Max > Sony's Ultra
8. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Lumia 1520 > Note 3 > HTC One Max > Sony's Ultra
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1520 only has the upper hand on the camera dept...
19. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Note 3 > ZU/Lumia 1520 > One Max > Iphone 5s
40. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol no... Max is DOA. Same can be said about the 1520 since only AT&T is the only carrier in the US that'll sell it.
84. darkkjedii (Posts: 17020; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I just don't understand these silly carrier exclusives. Samsung and apple learned not to do em, and they're the industry leaders. You'd think others would follow suit.
6. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I don't care much about the polls..
Because at the end of the day, everyone knows that note 3 will sell a lot :)
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Want to know why? That's because it's available on all four major carriers in the US and globally.
21. solomonsteve (Posts: 75; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Yes, thats the only reason. I still dont get the Nokia Marketing Team. Are they dumb?? Release this for all carriers, something difficult for them..??
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
AT&T signed a nice check to Nokia that's why.
29. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
it will sell but not as great as the note 2
after s4 fail in sales ecpectation
note 3 will fail in sales expectation also
36. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No... The Note 3 and S4 are still selling so those numbers are still increasing.
41. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
S4 already sold out 46million units ..
Nokia sold all together 7 million for past 3 months.. :p
74. BlueMeBritt (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 May 2013)
The S4 sales are decreasing because consumers are going for the note 3 ;)
82. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
But I'm going for the S5, lol
13. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
more like what feature do you prefer; waterproof, fingerprint scanner, good camera, S-pen.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S-Pen > good camera > waterproof > fingerprint scanner.
18. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
its hard actually but if you ask me
ill take sony design slim and nokia 20mp pureview.
fingerprint is waste of time
S-pen only used it for business type people
15. anleoflippy (Posts: 564; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Either Note 3 or ZU. But then again, I haven't experience the one max and 1520 yet.
26. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Lumia 1520 FTW
Plus the best looking phablet on the market!
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Here we go with the Nokia bandwagoners...
77. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm a Samsung bandwagoner because they've been producing the best phones since 2010? Check my previous phones and come back with your judgment.
50. GeekMovement (Posts: 2022; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I beg to differ. I find the note 3 design more appealing. That huge camera hump on this lumia is not a looker. The lumia 920 camera now had an excellent design.
55. Droiderr (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Please dont insult phablets by calling ZU and this crap by the same name. Diemnsions should be considered before that.