Which of the eventual LG G3 features are you looking forward to the most?
- Which of the eventual LG G3 features are you looking forward to the most?
730 votes (730 votes) The good screen-to-phone-size ratio
654 votes (654 votes) The 5.5" QHD display with record 538ppi pixel density
118 votes (118 votes) The zippy Snapdragon 801 chipset, paired with 3 GB of RAM
202 votes (202 votes) The 13 MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization Plus technology
194 votes (194 votes) The redrawn interface with extra options and functionality
131 votes (131 votes) The unique accessories like the QuickCircle case with Smart Lighting, and the Tone Infinim headset with Harman Kardon input
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3736; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
If the G3 were water/dust proof I would certainly be looking at this phone.
Other than that, this phone is a CLEAR winner! LG is on fire for sure.
All my RESPECT goes to LG also. To me it's Samsung, HTC, LG, & Sony as the cream of the crop when it comes to Android flagships.
42. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1649; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Where's the all of the above options? ;-)
40. DillWeed (Posts: 39; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
It would still have a small enough bezel in a waterproof case, and someone is surely going to make one - it just makes sense for this phone
2. wargreymon (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
The 13 MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization Plus technology AND A FREAKING LASER BEAM!
33. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 240; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
"I even gave you a nick name, but I'm not going to tell you what it is. Okay, it was LASER!"
39. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3736; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
+1 to you also
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3211; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Those are all standardized now. Is there anything that really stands out other than the mega specs?
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3736; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Standard in the Android world... Apple's world not so much. lol
35. ScottSchneider (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
We all misunderstand you.. You misunderstand us... It's part and parcel for Mxyzptlk...
8. sam_tek (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
oh Boy! here we go..
dude, if you like something, please vote, else, don't! You don't however have to troll on every article.
Besides the 801 that other flagships have, nothing else here is "Standardized!"
24. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3211; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Opinion and subjective comment isn't trolling. You're being really defensive so I must have made a good point.
31. refillable (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Mentioning few of them, these are not standardized as of now: QHD, OIS, Those Bezels and AF Laser assist. Surely 'standardization' is probably not very far away for these, but as of now they're not.
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2173; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Probably the new skin. Their last one was just plain awful but the new one seems to be a big improvement.
6. teerex42 (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
None of them, I'm waiting for the S5 Prime wooooo!!!!
37. aniladitya (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 May 2014)
get lost.. nobody said u to express ur bizarre thoughts here... :-D
9. teerex42 (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
And a VAN down by the RIVER!!!!! lmao!!!!!
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
How sad that I can't choose all options in this poll! :( :D
13. Gemmol (Posts: 484; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Nothing it have interest me same with galaxy 5, I will wait to see what galaxy note 4 will bring like will it make me put down the 1520 or not......or maybe I might get my first apple product ever by getting a iPhone but it need a big size to convince me
16. MichaelA (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 May 2014)
I'm hoping it's a light skin and everything runs smooth like butter.
18. NexusX (Posts: 83; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Sony, HTC, LG, OnePlus, Nexus, Chinese OEMs are chucking up flagships after flagships. Even Apple's making phone with big screen. I'd be an idiot to buy a galaxy s5 now.
19. duartix (Posts: 26; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
There was a poll running around which showed that the feature that buyers valued the most was battery autonomy. Do all those people who voted for the screen resolution know that it incurs in a severe battery usage penalty? Without any noticeable advantage, at usable operating distance???
I really don't understand where this is all going. It's looking like the megapixel race in compacts where everyone was taking shaitty pictures with an ever growing resolution.
Eventually they figured it out...
48. 3rdDegree (Posts: 169; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Even now LG's custom UI runs extremely smooth, now with the update, it will run like svelte. TouchWiz on the other hand.... One day :)
47. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Feautreless specless UI
Touchwiz is fully loaded vs quarter speced
22. fzacek (Posts: 1152; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I definitely don't like the 5.5" screen. Even my Nexus 5 is too big to comfortably use with one hand...
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What are you doing with another hand?
23. jerrycutshaw (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
I'm disappointed the phone isn't at least water resistant. Its cool to have the fastest processor, biggest screeen, etc. However at the end of the day I just need something that is plenty fast (all flagships are), something I don't have to treat like a newborn baby and will take quality pics when my kids do something unexpected. I had hoped this phone would beat the S5 in that regard but clearly it doesn't. Color me disappointed.
Oh and one more thing. STOP GROWING THE SIZE OF PHONES. Either that or give those of us that want flagship features/specs a smaller option. A 5-5.2" screen with zero bezel is plenty large enough. Any larger than that it gets hard to hold, fit in the pocket, carry around, etc. I don't need a phablet.
43. _Aaron_ (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
Add me to the disappointed group.
The absence of waterproofing is a big let down.
45. fzacek (Posts: 1152; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I also hate that phones are getting bigger and bigger every year. I actually really like the size of the Moto X...
26. gaara6775 (Posts: 162; Member since: 20 May 2014)
games are yet to be optimized for such high res. i hav seen the gameplay on note pro and it not only looks awful but also gameplay is glitchy. let's see how g3 performs .
But honestly I would like to see better optimization in gaming department than in soc because most of the games by gameloft doesnt use all 4 cores in high end games n uses only 2 cores and then games like vice city n San Andrews lag on high settings. if they can make at least 3 cores running at max that's still fine but not just 2 cores running at max because then we get only 25-35 fps on an average :(
27. superfans (Posts: 117; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
wish i can choose more but the qHD is definitely worth the waiting!
29. Japultra (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 May 2014)
I think you mean QHD ;) (Quad vs. quarter)
30. refillable (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
After the secret Korean launch, I'd be honest that it'll be a tough decision for me to choose between this and the S5. While it's a straight LG for me when comparing LG Optimus G Pro vs Note 2 and G2 vs S4, This seems to not the case compared to the S5. There seem to be not much of an advantage from this against the S5. I can tell that the design looks much more sleek and elegant, the bezels are much smaller and the UI seemingly is going to be better than S5's Touchwiz. It seems lacking in the camera department (it seems not to be much different than the G2 or G Pro 2, although I still hope they've improved it), there is also a lack of Fingerprint sensor, Waterproofness and USB 3.0 (AFAIK) and of course, while it may or may not count, you shouldn't really forget the Egronomics. The G3 is slightly larger than the S5 and might cause some problems for smaller hands (like mine). Lets hope that the QHD IPS display brings something spectacular rather than a flop, the 'Infrared AF Assist light' to be something not just gimmicky and 'Harman Kardon' speakers to be something to be desired. It could be a better option than the S5 Still. If it does come with a Snapdragon 805 SoC it'll be a straight LG over anything like in 2013, but now, it seems not... I mean 2013 was a amazingly excellent year from the Mobile Division of LG. I hope they actually bring something '2013ish' in 2014.
44. wilsong17 (Posts: 707; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
looking for the lg tone infinim to pair with my note 3 with both amazing battery life win win
i already own the lg tone
49. 3rdDegree (Posts: 169; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
You'd be best to pair it with the LG G3 only as it comes with support for Hi-fi audio, whereas the Note 3 doesn't. If you want to pair the tone infinim with a true phablet, then try the LG G PRO 2, which also supports Hi fi audio.
46. gigaraga (Posts: 468; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
All of the features! I still want something that makes the large screen better in terms of productivity though...kinda like what Samsung has done