Which newly-announced phone appeals to you the most? (July 2014)
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2014, 03:19 posted on
The industry is constantly churning new phones out, and sometimes, it's hard to even keep track of all the new models that get announced. But you know what? It shouldn't be that hard to keep pace with the industry. The key might be in having all the vital info collected neatly in one place - such as this here post...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. Jinto (Posts: 436; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
ZTE Nubia z7 Cuz QHD and better price and design than g3, but it probably wont work with us bands
2. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
This year has been boring for Handsets in terms of hardware so far.
All the launches up until now have only been the PLUS versions of 2013 Flagships.
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No 3gb or 4gb Ram
No DDR4 Ram
No Carl-zeiss optics
No Xenon flash
No PvrRouge 6630
Epic fail 2014
14. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Have great expectations from the Denver version of the Tegra K1.
It'll set the benchmark for the devices to come in 2015.
20. JoshN (Posts: 149; Member since: 01 Apr 2015)
Actually the Sony Xperia Z2 - Z3 both have 3gigs of ram and soo do the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 4 soo please check your stats first thanks
18. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
And who do we have to thank? Qualcomm for monopolizing the high end SoC market, they now got lazy as evident with the S801 and S805 (gap placement products).
3. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Z7 Mini, but if it was 4.5" it would be perfect.
4. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
None of those, but I checked the Mi 4 for good measure.
Looking forward to the Z3 Compact, even if I'm not gonna buy one.
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
None of the above. Mi4 could, but read the chinese gov spying, so no.
Waiting eagerly for Moto X+1 :D
8. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Mi 4 & Sony Xperia C3, but I'm more excited about the incoming Sony Z3 Compact.
10. realjjj (Posts: 361; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
When factoring in the price, the valid chices are just the 4 Chinese phones
11. LikeMyself (Posts: 435; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
All these mini phones except Sony sport the stupid quad core a7 cpu with adreno 305! They don't even want to differentiate! I blame Qualcomm for not discounting its chips! They are so expensive!
12. JMartin22 (Posts: 1902; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Face it, this year's flagship devices have only been minor revisions. The real technological generation leap is coming in 2015 with the Snapdragon 810 and more other widely adopted 64-bit capable SoCs which should offer a significant increase in performance and energy efficiency. We're also going to see even better QHD displays that are more energy efficient, brighter and accurate than now. This year has been about marginal bumps and beta testing new technology.
13. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
The announcement I wait for is in three months.
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Nexus 6 for the nexus fan"boy" :D
15. brasstax (Posts: 280; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's amusing to read adjectives like a "large" 5 inch screen & a "gigantic" 5.5 inch screen. My daily driver is a 6.5 inch octacore phone & trust me, once you play a high end game or watch a movie on it, you will NEVER go back to anything smaller.
I have a note 3 too which is still a beast & far more powerful than. But I always prefer the 6.5 inch phone when I want to frag some zombies in dead trigger 2 or try my hand with racing in asphalt 8.
Terming a 5.5 " screen as gigantic is amusing. That's just my opinion though.
17. kent-gaga (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
sony fandom is huge and that explain why C3 is on top 2 :v
actually i'm using it right now and the front camera is way more than what i expected
really wide angle and the flash is not really eye-hurting and the contact lens effects is fun to use
19. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)