When will the MWC gear arrive? Galaxy S5, Xperia Z2, LG G Pro 2, Z2 Tablet and others release date
- Galaxy S5 - usually Samsung launches its flagship 2-3 weeks after the announcement, but this year the event was obviously pulled forward, so the actual release date is pegged for April 11th, as Samsung mentioned during the presentation, in more than 150 countries worldwide.
- Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet - Sony is obviously introducing a six-month, instead of a yearly, upgrade cycle for its flagship, and is not even going to make you wait for it, as the launch date of the Z2 line is pegged globally for mid-March.
- Xperia M2 - Sony's new midranger is going to join the launch party in March as well.
- G Pro 2 - LG's first 6" phablet already launched in the home turf of Korea, but will be rolled out gradually to the rest of Asia and Europe in March, while the US will be receiving it in April.
- LG G2 mini - LG's crack at a scaled down version of its G2 flagship will appear in stores gradually in March and April.
- LG L-series III - the L90, L70 and L40 will also hit the shelves in March.
- LG F-series - the F90 and F70 are LG's fighter jets in the midrange, and those are also expected by mid-spring, including the F90 edition for Sprint's LTE network, dubbed the Volt.
- MediaPad X1 - the world's lightest 7" tablet is scheduled for release in March, with preorders starting now.
- MediaPad M1 - the other Huawei tablet will also launch in March, in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, China, Japan, Asia Pacific, Australia and Latin America.
- Ascend G6 - Huawei's new phone is said to be released in Q1, while the 4G LTE version will be hitting shelves in the second quarter.
- Desire 816 - the "flagship midranger" will be first made available in China in March, and a month later -- in April -- for the rest of the world.
- Desire 610 - the other midranger by HTC will take a bit longer to appear, as it will start rolling out in May.
- Nokia X, X+ - the first Android phones from the company will be available immediately in Eastern Europe, Asia, South America, and in other growth markets, but it won’t be shipping to the United States, or Western European countries.
- Nokia XL - the larger Android phone rocks 5" display, rock bottom price, and will ship to stores in the second quarter of the year.
- S860 - the handset with the 4000 mAh battery is set to cost the commendable $350, and will be ready to order in Q2.
- S850 - the thin fashion model is set at just $269 off-contract, and is arriving in June.
- S660 - the cheapest of the bunch is just $229, still sports a 3000 mAh battery, and will join the fray in June as well.
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1462; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I can't wait for the Sony Z2 :D It's going to come out before HTC even announce their M8... I'm okay with that :D
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think I'm gonna get a tablet first, maybe the Huawei Mediapad X1 or the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (which I bet it will be very expensive so luckily Huawei is here to backup).
About the phone, I can't wait to get my hands on the Sony Xperia Z2 and the LG G Pro 2 but I won't get one of them right away when they first launch. I think I'm gonna wait for HTC All New One and the Oppo Find 7 to be announced first before making my decision of which phone I should get. Not gonna wait for Blackberry, because it will take long for them to announce their next flagship.
4. npaladin2000 (Posts: 141; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I'll check out that Xperia Z2 phone waterproof and dustproof sounds nice, though I prefer LGs UI and battery life.
6. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I wonder when and if the Z2 will come to the US, Z came out February and US didn't get it till July and the Z1 came out September 2013 and US didn't get it till January 2014.
Also will it still be exclusive to T-Mobile
7. mokhtar (Posts: 271; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
i cant wait to buy this beast z2 , daaaaamn and this display , camera and stereo .. Just wooow