When it comes to the enterprise and Android, Samsung leads the way
According to data from Fiberlink, a mobile device management firm owned by IBM, which controls 250,000 devices owned by businesses, Samsung branded Android handsets made up 56% of Android powered devices in the enterprise during the fourth quarter. Motorola was second with 22%. Will that number rise or fall following Lenovo's acquisition of the brand? HTC finished third with 8% while LG and Asus each had 2% of the Android based enterprise pie for the three months ended in December.
84% of the Android flavored devices used by businesses are smartphones, with the remaining 16% being made up of tablets. The number one Android smartphone employed in the enterprise is the Samsung Galaxy S III while one of the Samsung Galaxy Tab slates is the top Android tablet used by businesses.
Overall, the data from Fiberlink confirms the survey from Good Technology, which shows that the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad control nearly three out of every 4 devices used for the enterprise. That leaves this segment of the market wide open for Android to improve on.
Samsung is the top manufacturer of Android devices in the enterprise
1. iOS devices represent 73% of the phones and tablets used in the enterprise
3. 1113douglas (Posts: 192; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
i guarantee next year ios will be down to 20 and android will be nearly 70. ios is the most unorganized os their is by far and things take 5x longer to do than on that of android or windows. ios is definitely the most basic but has got to go. your making it sound like its advanced. the truth is its terribly slow and its a nightmare to do anything. i don't know how businesses put up with it.
4. superduper (Posts: 151; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Really? U srs, brah? iOS is a breeze to use and far from the "most unorganized".
10. shiv179 (Posts: 18; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Try attaching a file while composing an email on iOS.
Or sending more than 5 files at a time to email.
12. jroc74 (Posts: 5042; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I compare using iOS to my experience with Win Mo...
I picked up Android alot easier, faster than iOS. I was almost completely lost the first time I used iOS. Thats because using Android was similar to using Win Mo.
Win Mo, Android has networking, wireless settings in damn near the exact same place, setup almost the exact same way. iOS...for some odd reason has it different. There is one networking, wireless thing thats separated from all the rest in iOS. If I know about wifi or blue tooth...wouldnt I also know its a wireless, networking protocol?
That alone says iOS isnt as organized as it can be. Apple tried to make iOS easier to use....but might have made it more complicated. I feel ppl that say Android is so complicated or iOS just works....either try to do so much on Android because they can....and dont use iOS to its fullest because thats all they can do.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5878; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Hmmm. I think the title for most un-organized OS between iOS, Android and WP8 goes to WP8. Convoluted access to browser tabs on IE come to mind. Another huge win for non-usability goes to IE not allowing responding to a comment on a website (try responding to a previous comment on PA for example - the Reply button no worky). MS really needs to work on getting IE ready for prime time.
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2047; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
How come i'm able to reply you now on IE10 on my Lumia?
6. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
It's for Q4 only, annual results are likely different because of the release dates for iPhones.
Regardless, most people I know use Android phones and iPads at work, it's a mixed bag. A logical prediction is WP will start to take over tablet enterprise due to MS Office integration.
7. rantao333 (Posts: 260; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Put it simple, Business professional doesnt want to reboot their devices during a call, drafting an email or syncing data.
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 3008; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yes! Totally agree. I did not reboot my note 3 since I start using the phone.
11. jroc74 (Posts: 5042; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
2008, 2009 has already past us by....join us in 2014.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
not for Android.. 60+ % are still stuck in ICS..
9. jroc74 (Posts: 5042; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Forget Samsung....I would think by now WP would be higher. iOS domination here is stunning.
WP has the biggest upside for enterprise vs the other 2. Not surprised Moto is 2 among Android phones.