When is an Android an Android?
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:09
Recently, we've been talking about the supposed Android "fragmentation" problem, and how we feel like the word is misused, loaded, and inherently wrong for the issues at hand. That said, there is one place in the Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. messiah posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:30 11
Agreed. One of the more articulate articles published here.
6. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:39 3
Too long, it needs to get to the point. I don't have all the time in the world to read an overly long article.
10. iamcc posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:55 17
So don't read it....
14. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:04 3
u mad bro?
28. iamcc posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:22 4
Oh i'm livid.
37. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:30 4
btw... once again, a great article by Michael. The dreaded "fragmentation", as I pointed out in a comment on another recent awesome article by Michael, is actually a strength for the overall platform... a fresh breath of freedom.
45. NOKIA.8800.ARTE posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:38 3
bring all the trolls....
I welcome you....
13. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:03 5
Hey MichaelHeller, where did you get that picture? It's very funny, the Android looks like a salt shaker or something similar.
Also great article, that was some good reading!
19. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:12 2
its similar to the Jdk mascot
36. MichaelHeller posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:29 2
hard to find the original image source, but i think it had something to do with the Oracle v Android dispute.
62. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 19:45 0
that would explain everything
48. droidwave posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:53 5
why did Michael get a thumbs down for saying thanks
98. megabok (banned) posted on 03 Apr 2012, 16:00 1
he can get a thumbs up for saying f**k u
75. Habib posted on 28 Mar 2012, 15:39 0
Second paragraph, 3rd line of "distribution"; its spelt wrong.
and it was a great article again thanks for the work you do for us "readers"! :D
79. MichaelHeller posted on 28 Mar 2012, 22:12 0
hah! looks like I had originally written "distros" and miscorrected myself when i changed it. thanks for the catch!
4. taz89 posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:32 8
agree with it all...you seem like the only one that can write a great article.
5. NOKIA.8800.ARTE posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:36 6
ITS C®®L ...
I LIKED IT ....
KEEP IT UP...
WIZE AND WISDOM....
7. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:42 4
If it does the following: lags like molasses, gets minor or no updates, has bloated interfaces, and has so many security vulnerabilities
Then it's an Android.
8. frydaexiii posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:48 14
And if it looks exactly like the one the person next to you is holding, it's a iOS device.
16. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:08 4
I'd take the Apple Pie over Ice Cream Sandwich, but I'm stuck on Gingerbread.
57. sorcio46 posted on 27 Mar 2012, 15:18 0
GB is good enough, take that rotten Apple instead of saying sh*t here !
82. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 28 Mar 2012, 22:27 0
If I stopped, we wouldn't have anymore Android phones.
83. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2012, 22:38 1
Oooohhh... When CM_Punk stops, the whole world stops, and there would be no more Android because CM_Punk didn't give his permission, eh? Yeah... your head is getting too large, and spilling your ego out onto your shoulders. It piles up after a while, too, ya know. Need to hire a couple snow plows to shovel the delusions of grandeur off of your shoulders?
84. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 28 Mar 2012, 22:45 2
u mad bro?
85. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2012, 22:49 1
I suppose that depends on your definition of "mad", I guess...
11. JonnyV posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:57 2
Do you stereotypical iFans do anything aside from trolling every android article on this site? I am going to go ahead and assume you were the one who went right down the list of comments and thumb downed everyones posts for no reason. I guess I just miss the point of trolling here... I guess some people just need to say things online and portray themselves as sweaty man actors because in real life they are nothing more than an insignificant spec in the face of humanity.
15. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:06 4
No, actually I didn't. And I could ask some of the Android fans the same thing, the ones who go into Apple articles and troll them.
Oh and to drop another pipebomb onto your response, I have an Android phone.
17. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:09 4
welcome to Phone Arena.... meet Mitz (the way he used to be called before) he is a troll, he gets high on crack before entering the site, despite all the reading and reason that proves him wrong he will constantly come back believing to be the son of "win" and "justice" but with time you will notice his lame jokes are all the same. because he owned a low end android phone back on the years of 1.5 he believes the newer model and OS versions do the same thing and android hasn't changed a bit.
20. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:12 3
Cool story, bro.
22. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:16 3
do you use Random.org to come with your lines? or you ask your 4 year old sister for them?
sorry dude, talking to the people, come back when your punch lines are actual any good....
31. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:24 2
Because your response didn't have anything to do with the article.
34. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:26 2
and yours do? LOL try again
38. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:33 2
42. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:36 3
Game over :)
25. JonnyV posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:18 4
Congrats on yet another overused meme. What's next? That's what she said? U mad? Memes are a loser's way of saying, "I know you are but what am I?"
44. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:36 1
PeeWee Herman said that for real... and he is apparently less of a loser than the meme users... my childhood has been scarred for life...
23. JonnyV posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:16 2
Was it Mitz or The Miz? The Miz would make sense. I remember him. I thought he got banned for being a troll? If so, I am to assume this new troll with a sweaty man actor avatar is him? Honestly, I feel sorry for him. If his life consists of trolling sites such as this, it speaks volumes about how his real life probably is.
27. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:21 2
yes same "The Miz" different screen name. and its not his fault he was born underdeveloped he must carry a heavy burden, and hatting must be the only way for him to discharge it from time to time.
33. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:26 2
So is that what you call it, Sniggly? They have counseling for that you know.
35. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:28 1
you should try it, I've head it does wonders... you may actually become normal.
39. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:34 2
Having a brain fart there?
47. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:41 2
... hence the over-use of the hash tags...
24. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:18 1
LOL in this site I'm older than sigs, but hey don't blame me for your memory problems
26. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:20 2
Oh but according to your little story, anyone can be anything on the internet, sigs.
Now you see how it works? Are you ready to finally realize that or do you want to keep digging your pit?
29. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:22 1
oh well then I'm Sigs, happy now?
now about your diaper.....
41. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:35 1
81. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2012, 22:23 1
Yes, about that diaper... just treat him like you're his uncle... when problems happen, hand 'em back to the parents in a hurry!
30. iamcc posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:23 1
You're funny. Keep it up.
32. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:26 1
I know, the best joke he could take was confusing me with Sigs. hes totally into making a number there. but I'll tag along, I´m really that nice :)
43. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:36 1
But you said so yourself.
46. protozeloz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:39 1
Ran out of lines? Lol
40. NOKIA.8800.ARTE posted on 27 Mar 2012, 13:35 0
I say® eye say® what°$ the big deal~ what°§
The big idear¿¡ if u want to troll, its ur own feeling,s
own view,s that,s cool.... i don,t see any-thing wrong....
If u can back it up... if u have answer,s that,s owrite....
I can take trolling... i,m cooool....
Back it with hard logic fact,s.... defeat. retaliate. disqus.
Debate. xceptions. cleptomania....
49. EclipseGSX posted on 27 Mar 2012, 14:08 1
shut up General Levy. Switching sides isn't fooling anyone, your stupid ch@r@cter$ are @nnoying
52. NOKIA.8800.ARTE posted on 27 Mar 2012, 14:26 0
General levy. yes i could never for-get that name! What make's you think i am! You dodo dime-bar.....