When is an Android an Android?
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2012, 12:09 posted on
Recently, we've been talking about the supposed Android "fragmentation" problem, and how we feel like the word is misused, loaded, and inherently wrong for the issues at hand. That said, there is one place in the Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. messiah (Posts: 433; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
Agreed. One of the more articulate articles published here.
6. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Too long, it needs to get to the point. I don't have all the time in the world to read an overly long article.
10. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
So don't read it....
37. hepresearch (unregistered)
btw... once again, a great article by Michael. The dreaded "fragmentation", as I pointed out in a comment on another recent awesome article by Michael, is actually a strength for the overall platform... a fresh breath of freedom.
45. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
bring all the trolls....
I welcome you....
13. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey MichaelHeller, where did you get that picture? It's very funny, the Android looks like a salt shaker or something similar.
Also great article, that was some good reading!
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
its similar to the Jdk mascot
36. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
hard to find the original image source, but i think it had something to do with the Oracle v Android dispute.
48. droidwave (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
why did Michael get a thumbs down for saying thanks
98. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
he can get a thumbs up for saying f**k u
75. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Second paragraph, 3rd line of "distribution"; its spelt wrong.
and it was a great article again thanks for the work you do for us "readers"! :D
79. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
hah! looks like I had originally written "distros" and miscorrected myself when i changed it. thanks for the catch!
4. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
agree with it all...you seem like the only one that can write a great article.
5. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
ITS C®®L ...
I LIKED IT ....
KEEP IT UP...
WIZE AND WISDOM....
7. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
If it does the following: lags like molasses, gets minor or no updates, has bloated interfaces, and has so many security vulnerabilities
Then it's an Android.
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1285; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
And if it looks exactly like the one the person next to you is holding, it's a iOS device.
9. sorcio46 (Posts: 420; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Search for an iBrain to the nearest Apple Store
16. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I'd take the Apple Pie over Ice Cream Sandwich, but I'm stuck on Gingerbread.
57. sorcio46 (Posts: 420; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
GB is good enough, take that rotten Apple instead of saying sh*t here !
82. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
If I stopped, we wouldn't have anymore Android phones.
83. hepresearch (unregistered)
Oooohhh... When CM_Punk stops, the whole world stops, and there would be no more Android because CM_Punk didn't give his permission, eh? Yeah... your head is getting too large, and spilling your ego out onto your shoulders. It piles up after a while, too, ya know. Need to hire a couple snow plows to shovel the delusions of grandeur off of your shoulders?
85. hepresearch (unregistered)
I suppose that depends on your definition of "mad", I guess...
11. JonnyV (Posts: 17; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Do you stereotypical iFans do anything aside from trolling every android article on this site? I am going to go ahead and assume you were the one who went right down the list of comments and thumb downed everyones posts for no reason. I guess I just miss the point of trolling here... I guess some people just need to say things online and portray themselves as sweaty man actors because in real life they are nothing more than an insignificant spec in the face of humanity.
15. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
No, actually I didn't. And I could ask some of the Android fans the same thing, the ones who go into Apple articles and troll them.
Oh and to drop another pipebomb onto your response, I have an Android phone.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
welcome to Phone Arena.... meet Mitz (the way he used to be called before) he is a troll, he gets high on crack before entering the site, despite all the reading and reason that proves him wrong he will constantly come back believing to be the son of "win" and "justice" but with time you will notice his lame jokes are all the same. because he owned a low end android phone back on the years of 1.5 he believes the newer model and OS versions do the same thing and android hasn't changed a bit.
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
do you use Random.org to come with your lines? or you ask your 4 year old sister for them?
sorry dude, talking to the people, come back when your punch lines are actual any good....
31. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Because your response didn't have anything to do with the article.
25. JonnyV (Posts: 17; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Congrats on yet another overused meme. What's next? That's what she said? U mad? Memes are a loser's way of saying, "I know you are but what am I?"
44. hepresearch (unregistered)
PeeWee Herman said that for real... and he is apparently less of a loser than the meme users... my childhood has been scarred for life...
23. JonnyV (Posts: 17; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Was it Mitz or The Miz? The Miz would make sense. I remember him. I thought he got banned for being a troll? If so, I am to assume this new troll with a sweaty man actor avatar is him? Honestly, I feel sorry for him. If his life consists of trolling sites such as this, it speaks volumes about how his real life probably is.
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
yes same "The Miz" different screen name. and its not his fault he was born underdeveloped he must carry a heavy burden, and hatting must be the only way for him to discharge it from time to time.
33. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
So is that what you call it, Sniggly? They have counseling for that you know.
35. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
you should try it, I've head it does wonders... you may actually become normal.
47. hepresearch (unregistered)
... hence the over-use of the hash tags...
12. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Cm mix how u doing still hating on android?
21. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Got a new name for yourself, Sniggly?
24. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
LOL in this site I'm older than sigs, but hey don't blame me for your memory problems
26. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Oh but according to your little story, anyone can be anything on the internet, sigs.
Now you see how it works? Are you ready to finally realize that or do you want to keep digging your pit?
29. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
oh well then I'm Sigs, happy now?
now about your diaper.....
81. hepresearch (unregistered)
Yes, about that diaper... just treat him like you're his uncle... when problems happen, hand 'em back to the parents in a hurry!
32. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I know, the best joke he could take was confusing me with Sigs. hes totally into making a number there. but I'll tag along, I´m really that nice :)
43. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
But you said so yourself.
40. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I say® eye say® what°$ the big deal~ what°§
The big idear¿¡ if u want to troll, its ur own feeling,s
own view,s that,s cool.... i don,t see any-thing wrong....
If u can back it up... if u have answer,s that,s owrite....
I can take trolling... i,m cooool....
Back it with hard logic fact,s.... defeat. retaliate. disqus.
Debate. xceptions. cleptomania....
49. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1684; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
shut up General Levy. Switching sides isn't fooling anyone, your stupid ch@r@cter$ are @nnoying
52. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
General levy. yes i could never for-get that name! What make's you think i am! You dodo dime-bar.....